Colin Jackson (Scottish footballer)
|Full name||Colin MacDonald Jackson|
|Date of birth||8 October 1946|
|Place of birth||London, England|
|Date of death||6 June 2015(aged 68)|
|Place of death||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Banks O' Dee|
|1976||Scottish League XI||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Jackson, a defender, initially joined Rangers straight from Ruthrieston School in 1962. He had a spell with Aberdeen side Sunnybank Athletic before rejoining the Light Blues in 1963. He made a total of 506 appearances for Rangers between 1963 and 1982 and during his time at Ibrox won 3 League championships, 3 Scottish Cups and 5 League Cups. In the 1978–79 Scottish League Cup Final, he scored a last-minute winning goal. Perhaps the biggest disappointment during his career came when he missed out on Rangers' victory in the 1972 European Cup Winners' Cup Final, having failed a fitness test prior to the game against Moscow Dynamo.
Jackson was also recognised internationally by the Scottish League XI, Scotland under-23 and Scotland. He won a total of eight full international caps between 1975 and 1976, scoring one goal. In his eight full internationals he was unbeaten, with Scotland recording five wins and three draws.
After leaving Rangers, Jackson spent a month with Morton then the rest of the 1982–83 season with Partick Thistle. He retired in the summer of 1983 and became a partner in an East Kilbride printing venture. He lived in Rutherglen for over 30 years.
- Colin Jackson at the Scottish Football Association
- "Colin Jackson". Londonhearts.com. London Hearts Supporters' Club. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- Lamming, Douglas (1987). A Scottish Soccer Internationalists Who's Who, 1872–1986 (Hardback). Hutton Press. (ISBN 0-907033-47-4).
- "Colin Jackson: Defender who won multiple honours with Rangers and helped Scotland to victory over England in Glasgow". The Independent. 5 September 2015. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Jack, Christopher (7 June 2015). "Rangers legend Colin Jackson dies after battle with leukaemia". The Herald. Herald & Times Group. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Douglas Dickie (8 June 2015). "Colin Jackson: Rangers star who based himself in Rutherglen looks back on life in the Royal Burgh". Rutherglen Reformer. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Chris Clements (7 June 2015). "Former Rangers and Scotland defender Colin Jackson dies after battle with leukemia". Daily Record. Retrieved 7 June 2015.