Early life and career
Lambert was a councillor from 2 May 1997 to 5 May 2016, representing the Heywood West ward. On the council cabinet, he represented Children, Schools and Families, when Rochdale was the fourth-worst local education authority in England. On 17 December 2010, nine Liberal Democrat councillors resigned from their party and left their coalition with the Conservatives on the council, leaving Labour as the biggest party on the council with Lambert as council leader. In the 2011 council election, Labour remained the largest party and with 29 out of 60 councillors. On 3 June 2014, he resigned as council leader, two days after celebrating 1,000 days in the role.
Lambert joined the Brexit Party in 2019 and was their parliamentary candidate for Heywood and Middleton in the 2019 general election. He received 3,952 votes and came third behind the Conservatives and Labour respectively.
Lambert is married with two children and lives in Broadhalgh. He enjoys walking as a hobby.
- "Colin William LAMBERT - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- "Local Election 2008: Colin William Lambert". www.rochdaleonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- "Focus on Heywood: West Heywood Councillors". www.rochdaleonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- "BBC News - Election 2011 - England council elections - Rochdale". BBC News. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "Councillor Colin Lambert's 1,000 days as Council leader marked by support of public sector union". www.rochdaleonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- "Heywood councillors leave Labour Party for independence and Brexit Party". rochdaleonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- "Heywood & Middleton parliamentary constituency - Election 2019". Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Clinical Commissioning Group" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-03-08. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
Irene Davidson (Lib Dem)
| Leader of Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council
December 2010 – June 2014
Richard Farnell (Lab)