Pattenden was taught guitar but learned to play bass from tuition books, chiefly those of Carol Kaye, the American bassist guru. Pattenden worked as a session guitarist for Engelbert Humperdinck and Leapy Lee in the 1960s.
He played in MMEB from its formation in 1971. Pattenden featured on seven Earth Band albums from their debut in 1972 to The Roaring Silence in 1976. Pattenden quit MMEB in 1977. In 1978, he teamed up with former MMEB drummer Chris Slade and vocalist Peter Cox, in the short lived Terra Nova.
He is currently working as a PR consultant and manages CP Sound Limited an audio system and lighting design and installation company.
- "Mr Colin Roy Pattenden - Director at C P Sound Limited". Duedil.com. 1994-06-13. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band – Band Members (Colin Pattenden) Platform End On-Line
- "THE BAND 1960's". The Nashville Teens. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Manfred Mann's Earth Band – Not Quite Overnight Sensations (Part 1)". Platform-end.co.uk. 1971-01-31. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "BANDS". Ifthedevil.com. 2009-10-31. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Sound for the future". CP Sound. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|