Colin de Grandhomme
de Grandhomme in 2018
|Full name||Colin de Grandhomme|
22 July 1986|
|Relations||Laurence de Grandhomme (father)|
|Test debut (cap 270)||17 November 2016 v Pakistan|
|Last Test||30 March 2018 v England|
|ODI debut (cap 173)||3 March 2012 v South Africa|
|Last ODI||10 March 2018 v England|
|ODI shirt no.||71|
|T20I debut (cap 52)||11 February 2012 v Zimbabwe|
|Last T20I||21 February 2018 v Australia|
|Domestic team information|
|2006 - 2017||Auckland|
|2018 - present||Northern Districts|
|2017||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2017 - present||Birmingham Bears|
|2018 - present||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2018 - present||Jamaica Tallawahs|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 14 October 2018
De Grandhomme began his career by playing for Manicaland in Zimbabwe. He has played for the Auckland Aces in the State Championship since 2006. De Grandhomme played for Zimbabwe in the 2004 Under-19 Cricket World Cup in Bangladesh. In 2017, De Grandhomme joined Warwickshire. He was a major part of their success in the Natwest T20 Blast scoring 38 not out in the quarter final win against Surrey at The Oval.
De Grandhomme made his international debut on 11 February 2012 in a Twenty20 International against Zimbabwe. His ODI debut came against South Africa on 3 March 2012 in which he made 36 off 36 balls before being run-out by Albie Morkel.
In November 2016 he was named in New Zealand's Test squad for the tour against Pakistan and debuted in the first Test match on 17 November. He took his maiden Test wicket by dismissing Azhar Ali. In the match, Grandhomme scored a fifty in the match and took a five-wicket haul in his maiden innings of Test match cricket. He won the Man of the Match award in his first test match and became fourth New Zealand player to do so.
On 2 December 2017, against the West Indies, de Grandhomme scored his first Test century. The 71-ball century recorded as the second-fastest century in Tests by a New Zealand batsman. He left the tour ahead of the ODI matches against the West Indies after his father died in Zimbabwe.
- List of New Zealand cricketers who have taken five-wicket hauls on Test debut
- List of Auckland representative cricketers
- "De Grandhomme shifts to Northern Districts". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Guptill left out for Pakistan Tests; Raval, Todd Astle picked". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Pakistan tour of New Zealand, 1st Test: New Zealand v Pakistan at Christchurch, Nov 17–21, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Raval and Williamson seal solid eight-wicket win". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Man of the Match on Test debut". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "De Grandhomme's 71-ball maiden ton stretches massive lead". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "De Grandhomme out of NZ ODI squad due to bereavement". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "Todd Astle bags his first New Zealand contract". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 May 2018.