Coliseum LRT Station
The station is one of the original five stations, and opened on April 22, 1978.
Although Coliseum was never a terminus of the LRT line, all trains started and ended their runs at Coliseum when the fleet of LRT rail cars was maintained at the Cromdale garage nearby. The fleet is now housed at the D.L. MacDonald Transit Yard, which was completed in December 1983.
ETS is exploring options to make the station more accommodating during the harsh winter months in Edmonton. An enclosed pedway connecting the station to the Edmonton Expo Centre and a way to "shut in" the station are planned. The station may also be renamed to include "Northlands".
The station has a 124-metre-long (407 ft) centre loading platform that can accommodate two five-car LRT trains at the same time, with one train on each side of the platform. The platform is just under eight metres wide, which is narrow by current Edmonton LRT design guidelines.
The public art for Coliseum Station is a mural entitled "People on the Move" painted by Works 2 Works students.
Around the station
- Edmonton Expo Centre
- Elmwood Park
- K-Days (July)
- Northlands Park
- Northlands Coliseum
Coliseum Transit Centre
|Platforms||13 bus bays|
|Website||Coliseum Transit Centre|
The Coliseum Transit Centre is located on the west side of the LRT Station. It is connected to the north end of the station by a pedestrian underpass below the station.
The following bus routes serve the transit centre:
|Abbottsfield Transit Centre||8, 141, 142|
|Belvedere Transit Centre||99, 125|
|Capilano Transit Centre||99|
|Clareview Transit Centre||10, 512|
|Kingsway Transit Centre||143|
|Westmount Transit Centre||5|
|Mill Woods Transit Centre||8|
|Jasper Place Transit Centre||125|
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 26, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2013 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. January 2014. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "LRT Brochure" (PDF). November 15, 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 4, 2007. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Kent, Gordon (June 8, 2013). "Enclosed pedway eyed for Coliseum LRT station". Edmonton Journal. Canada.com. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- City of Edmonton (July 2011). "LRT Design Guidelines 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. p. 700. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Coliseum Station Art". City of Edmonton. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "ETS Transit Centre Map - Coliseum" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved August 3, 2013.