||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Software, DevOps, ALM, Cloud computing|
|Founder||Tim O'Reilly, Brian Behlendorf and Bill Portelli|
|Headquarters||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|Flint Brenton (CEO)|
CollabNet is a software development and delivery solutions provider headquartered in South San Francisco, California. All of CollabNet’s solutions and services are used to improve the ways and means of software development. They fit in the industry categories covered by DevOps, application lifecycle management (ALM), and application release automation (ARA).
CollabNet TeamForge is an ALM platform used to organize complex, distributed teams and projects from a single platform. CollabNet DevOps Lifecycle Manager (CollabNet DLM) is an enterprise DevOps product used to help organizations integrate DevOps toolchains for tracking and reporting of the entire software development lifecycle. The company also partners closely with Clarive Software, which provides a release management solution to automate software deployment and releases. CollabNet offers Clarive solutions directly to customers. CollabNet also has a long history in the Agile space and is one of the industries’ largest Scrum trainers. It also provides Agile consulting and training services to supplement its product offerings.
CollabNet customers span finance, healthcare, government, high-tech, and other industries in 100 countries. CollabNet partners with technology providers such as HP and Microsoft, solutions providers and systems integrators including UNICOM and Hitachi Solutions, and resellers such as Carahsoft and Code Experts. The company also partners with #YesWeCode, a Dream Corps initiative designed to bring free technology training and industry connections to 100,000 young people in communities of color and increase local talent for the technology industry.
CollabNet has been recognized with the Code Project’s Members Choice Award (2011) for producing “products that application developers value most,” with two Golden Bridge Awards (2016) for “excellence in application delivery software,” and as an AlwaysOn Global 250 winner (2012) for its “game-changing technologies.” The company has also been acknowledged by the World Economic Forum (2012) as a “technology pioneer,” by CIO Solutions (2016) for creating “DevOps solutions transforming business,” by CIO Review (2016) as one of the “20 most promising application lifecycle management solutions providers,” and by the Best Place to Work Institute (2012) as a “best place to work In India.”
CollabNet was founded in 1999 by Tim O’Reilly, Brian Behlendorf, and Bill Portelli, who also served as the company’s chief executive officer. The company was founded with a mission to create software that helps organizations manage and improve software development processes and make them more efficient while producing higher quality software.In May 2015, Flint Brenton became president and chief executive officer with Portelli remaining on the board of directors. The company remains privately owned. Strategic acquisitions that support the company’s objectives and current standing include its 2010 acquisition of Danube Technologies, a company specializing in Agile/Scrum management software tools (including ScrumWorks Pro) and consulting and training services for organizations implementing Agile. CollabNet also acquired Codesion in 2010. Codesion specialized in cloud development.
Two major enterprise products the company offers are TeamForge and DevOps Lifecyle Manager.
TeamForge -- TeamForge was adopted by the Department of Defense and used to power Forge.mil, a program of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Since 2012, CollabNet continues to evolve and release new versions of the TeamForge ALM platform. TeamForge offers capabilities for connecting various development teams across the enterprise with improved visibility and traceability during each lifecycle stage.
DLM -- DevOps Lifecycle Manager is a platform for DevOps organizations to gain visibility and traceability for every person, process, and task in the software development lifecycle. Introduced in 2016, this product represents innovation in the DevOps category with significant advances in process improvements and key performance indicator tracking.
Clarive by CollabNet – Clarive by CollabNet offers enterprises an end-to-end release management solution that automates release and deploy. Offered on-premise and as a hosted service, the solution is designed for both Agile and traditional development methods to support DevOps at any organization.
Subversion -- The company is known for pioneering version-control management with its Subversion product. In 2000, CollabNet developed Subversion as an open-source version-control system. The product is now known as Apache Subversion, the result of a partnership with the Apache Software Foundation.  Also to support diverse technology the company extends its support of version-control tools to other popular products through TeamForge. CollabNet products have been recognized with the Great Indian Developer Award (2009 and 2010) as “trailblazing technologies,” with a Visual Studio Magazine Readers Choice Award (2012) for “best third-party tools for professional Microsoft developers,” and for “best software development solution” and “best use of open-source technology” as SIIA CODiE Awards finalists (2012).
CollabNet Professional Services helps organizations consolidate and integrate software assets into a single platform for high-performance collaborative software development and deployment. Consultants provide knowledge and direction on enterprise agility assessment, enterprise software configuration management (SCM), and Agile development and delivery practices.
CollabNet is a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider. It is the world leader in Certified Scrum Training, conducting more than 200 courses a year and training more than 20,000 ScrumMasters and product owners.
In May 2016, CollabNet announced its partnership with #YesWeCode, a Dream Corps initiative designed to bring technology training and industry connections to 100,000 young people in communities of color. CollabNet and #YesWeCode offer Agile software development training through a variety of educational outlets, including developer boot-camps, community and vocation colleges, online degree and training programs, and military career advancement centers.
- CollabNet has been recognized for 13 consecutive years (2004-2016) as an SD Times 100 software delivery industry innovator.
- CollabNet was listed as a leader in the analyst reports Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Development Life Cycle Management (2012, 2013) and Forrester Wave Application Life Cycle Management (2010, 2012).
- CollabNet was recognized as the “Best of Interop” (2016) for its innovation in ALM and DevOps.
- CollabNet was ranked as a champion (2012) in the Info-Tech Research Group’s Agile ALM Vendor Landscape report.
- CollabNet was classified as an “Innovative Application Development and Deployment Company under $100M to Watch” (2010) by IDC analysts.
- Lardinois, Frederic (21 January 2014). "Vector Capital Makes Controlling Investment In CollabNet Developer Platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Collabnet Embeds Black Duck Code Sight Into TeamForge to Drive Productivity and Code Reuse Across Git and Subversion". www.blackducksoftware.fr. 25 June 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Million, One (3 October 2014). "Deconstructing The Cloud". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "CollabNet's Big DevOps Move -- ADTmag". ADTmag. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Companies reaped the benefits of agile and DevOps in 2016 - SD Times". SD Times. 2016-12-29. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "CollabNet Agile Assessment: Interview with VP David Parker - Software Quality Insights". searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- “CollabNet and Hitachi Solutions Partner to Deliver TeamForge ALM Platform for Enterprise DevOps and Software Agility in Japan.” (23 September 2014) Relationship Science.
- "Carahsoft, CollabNet Win $29 Million Defense Contract - InformationWeek". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- CollabNet. "CollabNet Partners with #YesWeCode to Expand Software Development Opportunities to Untapped and High-Value Diverse Workforce". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Open-source programming sites go live". CNET. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Banks 'should give back to open-source community'". CNET. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- World Economic Forum (2009-11-24), Technology Pioneer 2010 - Bill Portelli (CollabNet), retrieved 2017-01-25
- "CollabNet Appoints Flint Brenton as President, CEO". thevarguy.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- SYS-CON.TV (2016-06-27), SYS-CON.tv at 18th Cloud Expo | Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, retrieved 2017-01-25
- Lardinois, Frederic. "Vector Capital Makes Controlling Investment In CollabNet Developer Platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Taft, Darryl (24 April 2007). “CollabNet Acquires SourceForge.” eWeek.
- "CollabNet Goes Agile, Acquires Danube - DZone Agile". dzone.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Krill, Paul. "CollabNet adds Scrum tech provider". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Krill, Paul. "CollabNet unites scrum project management with agile ALM". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "CollabNet Acquires Cloud Hosting Provider Codesion - Web Host Industry Review". Web Host Industry Review. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Codesion acquisition is CollabNet SCM's key to the cloud - SD Times". SD Times. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "CollabNet Further Embraces Cloud with Codesion Acquisition -- Visual Studio Magazine". Visual Studio Magazine. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Krill, Paul. "CollabNet accommodates cloud in ALM package". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Million, One (2014-10-03). "Deconstructing The Cloud". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- 30, Posted on April; Web, 2012 in (2012-04-30). "Collab.net Launches CloudForge for Cloud Development and Deployment". ReadWrite. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Information Week Names CollabNet-Powered Forge.mil One of the Most Innovative Government Projects
- "CHIPS Articles: Forge.mil Upgrades to TeamForge 7.2 Providing Users with Customer Driven Features and Improvements". www.doncio.navy.mil. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Krill, Paul. "CollabNet accommodates cloud in ALM package". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "CollabNet new TeamForge accelerates enterprise application delivery - SD Times". SD Times. 2015-09-22. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "CollabNet Embeds Black Duck Code Sight Into TeamForge To Drive Productivity And Code Reuse Across Git And Subversion". article.wn.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Collabnet Pushes Agile ALM into the Cloud -- THE Journal". THE Journal. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "CollabNet Introduces DevOps Lifecycle Manager | DEVOPSdigest". devopsdigest.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- DevOpsTV (2016-11-12), DOES San Francisco 2016 w/ Flint Brenton, CEO Collabnet & Rodrigo Gonzalez, Clarive, retrieved 2017-01-25
- Collins-Sussman, Ben; Fitzpatrick, Brian W.; Pilato, C. Michael (2009). Subversion 1.6 Official Guide: Version Control with Subversion. ISBN 1596821698.
- "Apache Subversion". subversion.apache.org. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Bantle, Ulrich. "Subversion Goes to Apache » Linux Magazine". Linux Magazine. Retrieved 2017-01-25.