|Industry||Software Consulting, Software Products, Open Source|
|Founder||Robert McQueen, Philippe Kalaf and Robert Taylor|
|Headquarters||Kett House, Station Road, CB1 2JH Cambridge - United Kingdom|
|Robert McQueen, Philippe Kalaf, Michael Meeks, Guy Lunardi|
|Products||Telepathy Communications framework, GStreamer, Webkit, Blink, DLNA, LibreOffice, Wayland, PulseAudio|
|Services||Open source consultancy and engineering|
Number of employees
Collabora is a global private company founded by Robert McQueen, Philippe Kalaf and Robert Taylor based in Cambridge, United Kingdom, with offices in Cambridge and Montreal. Collabora's mission is to accelerate the adoption of open source technologies, methodologies and philosophy. It does this by providing consultancy to companies who are deploying open source technologies in their products, by providing its own open source based products and through knowledge sharing activities such as training.
Collabora's initial focus was instant messaging (IM), Voice over IP (VoIP) and videoconferencing technologies, but the company has since expanded its offering to include general multimedia, mobile web technologies, collaboration infrastructure, automotive infotainment platforms, graphics optimization, multimedia interoperability & productivity software. It is one of the main developers of LibreOffice.
Projects sponsored or founded by Collabora
- LibreOffice: Collabora Productivity sells support and development services on the office suite. The former SUSE development team joined Collabora in September 2013.
- GStreamer - a multimedia framework. Collabora employs Edward Hervey, one of the GStreamer maintainers.
- D-Bus - an free and open-source inter-process communication (IPC) system.
- PulseAudio - a sound system for POSIX OSes used as the default audio server on most GNU/Linux open source distributions.
- Wayland & Weston - Collabora employs major Wayland contributors such as Daniel Stone and Pekka Paalanen 
- Linux kernel Bluetooth Subsystem - Collabora employs Gustavo Padovan, the Linux kernel Bluetooth subsystem maintainer  who also contributes to BlueZ
- Farstream and Telepathy - a VoIP and collaboration framework created by Collabora founders. Includes the Empathy chat client.
- Pitivi and GES, a video editor for the free software desktop. The GES library was initially created to provide video editing capabilities to the MeeGo platform.
- Maynard, a Weston shell
- Collabora People. People.collabora.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-17.
- About us
- About us. Collabora. Retrieved on 2013-07-17.
- "Collabora Productivity targets a marketplace of one billion desktops". 3 September 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- Collabora's LibreOffice Website
- http://pitivi.org/videos/talks/meeconf-2011.webm. Missing or empty