|Private limited company|
|Industry||Software Consulting, Software Products, Open Source|
|Founder||Robert McQueen and Robert Taylor|
|Philippe Kalaf, Michael Meeks, Guy Lunardi|
|Products||Telepathy Communications framework, GStreamer, Webkit, Blink, DLNA, LibreOffice, Wayland, PulseAudio|
|Services||Open source consultancy and engineering|
Number of employees
Collabora's initial focus was instant messaging (IM), Voice over IP (VoIP) and videoconferencing technologies, but the company has since expanded its offering to include general multimedia, mobile web technologies, collaboration infrastructure, automotive infotainment platforms, graphics optimization, multimedia interoperability & productivity software. Collabora's department Collabora Productivity is one of the main developers of LibreOffice.
Projects sponsored or founded by Collabora
- LibreOffice: Collabora Productivity sells support and development services on the office suite. The former LibreOffice development team of SUSE joined Collabora in September 2013.
- On 15 December 2015, the company announced partnership with ownCloud and release of CODE (Collabora Online Development Edition), a distribution of LibreOffice Online and ownCloud Server.
- On 2 June 2016, the company released Collabora Online 1.0 “Engine”, which the company calls the first production grade version of Collabora Online.
- On 2 November 2016 , the company released CODE 2.0 which includes "the latest and most requested feature from customers: collaborative editing."
- Branded versions of LibreOffice include LibreOffice-From-Collabora, Collabora Office and Collabora GovOffice.
- There is a distribution of LibreOffice Online on NextCloud Server.
- GStreamer, a multimedia framework.
- D-Bus, a free and open-source inter-process communication (IPC) system.
- PulseAudio, a sound system for POSIX OSes used as the default audio server on most GNU/Linux open source distributions.
- Wayland and Weston (display server protocols)
- Linux kernel Bluetooth Subsystem: Collabora employs Gustavo Padovan, the Linux kernel Bluetooth subsystem maintainer who also contributes to BlueZ
- Farstream and Telepathy, a VoIP and collaboration framework created by Collabora founders. Includes the Empathy chat client.
- Pitivi, a video editor
- vkmark, an extensible Vulkan benchmarking suite with targeted, configurable scenes
- Zink, an OpenGL implementation on top of Vulkan via Mesa Gallium
- Monado, A free and open source XR (VR/AR/MR) platform and OpenXR Runtime for GNU/Linux
Participations and memberships
- Linux Foundation - Collabora is a Silver member of the Linux Foundation since 2010.
- GENIVI Alliance - Collabora is a member of the GENIVI Alliance since 2011.
- Khronos Group - Collabora is a Contributor member of the Khronos Group since 2014.
- Bluetooth SIG - Collabora is an Adopter member of the Bluetooth SIG since 2014.
- ARM Connected - Collabora is a member of the ARM Connected Community since 2014.
- Rockchip - Collabora has been working with Rockchip since 2015.
- Automotive Grade Linux - Collabora is a member of Automotive Grade Linux since 2016.
- R-Car Consortium - Collabora is a member of the Renesas R-Car Consortium since 2016.
- Renesas Alliance Partner - Collabora is a member of the Renesas Alliance Partners since 2016.
- Cambridge Network - Since its founding in 2005, Collabora has been a member of the Cambridge Network.
- Debian - Collabora is a long-time member of the Debian community.
- Outreachy - Collabora has been a recurring sponsor of Outreachy for years.
- GNOME - Collabora is a long-time member of the GNOME community.
- LOT Network - Collabora is a member of LOT Network in support of patent non-aggression.
- Open Innovation Network - Collabora is an OIN licensee in support of patent non-aggression
- https://endole.co.uk. Endole https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/05513718-collabora-limited. Retrieved 11 June 2020. Missing or empty
|title=(help); External link in
- "About - Open Source Consulting | Collabora". Collabora | Open Source Consulting.
- "Collabora expands with new Multimedia Division". Archived from the original on 2011-08-29.
- "Collabora Productivity targets a marketplace of one billion desktops". Archived from the original on 2014-02-21.
- Mark Wilson (2015-03-25). "LibreOffice moves to the cloud to take on Office Online and Google Docs". BetaNews.com.
- "Collabora deal will provide savings on Open Source office software". gov.uk.
- "Collabora Productivity targets a marketplace of one billion desktops". 3 September 2013. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- "SUSE Partners with Collabora to Deliver Commercial LibreOffice Support". SUSE. 3 September 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "LibreOffice in the browser, revealed in 2011, finally close to reality". Ars Technica.
- "LibreOffice moves to the cloud to take on Office Online and Google Docs". BetaNews.
- Silviu Stahie (20 October 2015). "UK Government Kicks Out Microsoft Office and Adopts LibreOffice". softpedia.
- "Collabora and ownCloud announce Partnership and release CODE for LibreOffice Online developers" (Press release). Collabora Productivity. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Collabora brings LibreOffice Online to ownCloud". ownCloud, Inc. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Collabora Productivity releases Collabora Online 1.0 "Engine" for Hosters and Clouds" (Press release). Collabora Productivity. 2 June 2016. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
Collabora Productivity, the driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud, has released the first production grade version of Collabora Online, its flagship cloud document suite solution.
- "Collabora Online Development Edition 2.0 released - Collabora Productivity". Collabora Productivity. 2016-11-02. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- Nextcloud. "Collabora Online Office – Nextcloud". Nextcloud. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Bluetooth Subsystem maintainership change". Gustavo Padovan. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "BlueZ Open Source Project on Open Hub: Contributions Listing Page". openhub.net.
- "Pitivi - flexible video editing for the desktop and beyond". Collabora's Pitivi product page. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- afrantzis (2017-07-12). "vkmark: more than a Vulkan benchmark". A mind forever voyaging. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Introducing Zink, an OpenGL implementation on top of Vulkan". Collabora | Open Source Consulting. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Introducing: Monado". Collabora | Open Source Consulting. Retrieved 2019-08-04.