Collected Ghost Stories
Dust-jacket illustration by Frank Utpatel for Collected Ghost Stories
|Author||Mary E. Wilkins-Freeman|
|Cover artist||Frank Utpatel|
|Genre||Fantasy, Horror short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||xii, 189 pp|
Collected Ghost Stories is a collection of stories by author Mary E. Wilkins-Freeman. It was released in 1974 by Arkham House in an edition of 4,155 copies. The book is the first collection of all of Wilkins-Freeman's supernatural stories and her first book published by Arkham House.
Collected Ghost Stories contains the following tales:
- "Introduction," by Edward Wagenknecht
- "The Shadows on the Wall"
- "The Hall Bedroom"
- "Luella Miller"
- "The Vacant Lot"
- "A Far-Away Melody"
- "A Symphony in Lavender"
- "The Wind in the Rose-Bush"
- "A Gentle Ghost"
- "The Southwest Chamber"
- "The Lost Ghost"
- "The Jade Bracelet"
In season one, episode four of Rod Serling's 1970s television program, "Night Gallery", a slightly modified version of "The Shadows On the Wall" was presented as "Certain Shadows On the Wall" and starred Agnes Moorehead.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 108. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 50.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. pp. 132–133. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 118. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.