|Studio album by Merzbow|
|Recorded||1981 at Telecom Studio, home, and Ylem Sound Studio|
|Genre||Noise, free improvisation|
|Label||Lowest Music & Arts|
Collection 004 is an album by the Japanese noise musician Merzbow. It is the fourth volume of the Collection series. The first five volumes were recorded for Ylem and consist of studio sessions with Kiyoshi Mizutani, then a member of Merzbow. However, Ylem went out of business before they could be released. Masami Akita then released them himself and recorded five more at home using previous Collection session recordings mixed with new material and effects.
|1.||"Tapes, Piano, Violin, Effects"|
|1.||"Tapes, Drums, Syndrum, Guitar, Harmonica, Bass Guitar, Effects"|
|1.||"Remblandt Assemblage Mix 004a"||16:05|
|1.||"Remblandt Assemblage Mix 004b1"||7:04|
|2.||"Remblandt Assemblage Mix 004b2"||9:48|
- Recorded at Telecom Studio, Home, Ylem Sound Studio.
- Mixed at Ylem Sound Studio.
- Recorded & mixed at Gap Works, Tokyo on 16 June 1981
- Remixed by Masami Akita at Lowest Music & Arts Studio, Tokyo
- Remastered from original master tape in January 2010
- Masami Akita – tapes, prepared guitar, ring modulator, noise, remix, artwork
- Kiyoshi Mizutani – piano, violin, harmonica, guitar
- Make Diaries – layout
(from 2010 reissue)
|Japan||1981||Lowest Music & Arts||C46||unknown||n/a|
|United States||2010||Blossoming Noise||300||BN047CS|