Colleen 'Cosmo' Murphy
Originally from Massachusetts, she attended New York University where she was Program Director and a DJ at the university radio station WNYU. She cites her introduction to and friendship with David Mancuso of The Loft as a major influence Together they produced the compilations David Mancuso presents The Loft.
She records as Wild Rumpus with former Captain Beefheart guitarist Gary Lucas. She has remixed Fat Freddy's Drop, DFA's Planningtorock, for the Remixes (Phenomenal Handclap Band album) and more under the moniker Cosmodelica. With Ashley Beedle as DarkStarr Diskotek she has remixed Candi Staton, Beardyman, The Rapture (band) and more.
References and further reading
- Tarantino, Chris (May 31, 2012). "Q&A Interview with Colleen 'Cosmo' Murphy on Audiophilia, Secret People Watching and Forcing an Audience to Pay Attention". The Village Voice.
- Vadukul, Alex (July 12, 2012). "At a Monthly Gathering Nothing But the Sound of Vinyl". The New York Times.
- Tarantino, Chris (May 31, 2012). "Interview with Colleen 'Cosmo' Murphy on Audiophilia, Secret People Watching and Forcing an Audience to Pay Attention". The Village Voice.
- "David Mancuso – The Loft". Discogs. Discogs.
- "Session Transcript:Cosmo". Red Bull Music Academy. 2003. Retrieved 2008-10-25.
- Ben Murphy. "Where the Wild Things Are". DJ Magazine.
- Murphy, Ben. "Where the Wild Things Are" (458). DJ Mag.
- Constable, Paulette (April 20, 2015). "Fat Freddy's Drop Mother Mother Cosmodelica Remix". DMC.
- Holloway, Kali. "Planningtorock - Living It Out". DFA. DFA.
- Osborne, Ben (May 5, 2012). "Revolution DarkStarr Remix" (485). DJ Mag.
- "The Rapture Children DarkStarr Diskotek REmix". Mixmag. July 12, 2012.
- Sillito, David (2011-01-18). "Are record clubs the new book clubs?". BBC News.
- Harris, John (January 7, 2015). "Vinyl's Difficult Comeback". The Guardian.
- Nathanson, Hannah (April 26, 2013). "Vinyl Frontier". London Evening Standard.
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|