Patrick-Goudreau photo in the backyard veganic garden of her Oakland, California home.
March 8, 1970 |
Westfield, New Jersey
|Occupation||American author, speaker, and podcaster|
Colleen Patrick-Goudreau (born March 8, 1970 in Westfield, New Jersey) is an American author, speaker, cultural commentator, and podcaster. Having earned her bachelor's degree from Rutgers University, and her master's degree in English Literature from Seton Hall University, Patrick-Goudreau uses her writing and oratory skills to advocate veganism as a means by which to prevent cruelty to animals.
A recognized expert and thought leader on the culinary, social, ethical, and practical aspects of living vegan, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is the author of several popular books, including The Joy of Vegan Baking, which won VegNews magazine’s “Cookbook of the Year” Award, The Vegan Table, and Color Me Vegan. Her first non-cookbook, The Vegan's Daily Companion: 365 Days of Tips and Inspiration for Cooking, Eating, and Living Compassionately, was released in 2011. The Daily Vegan: A Guided Journal is a book adapted from Vegan's Daily Companion and was published, along with the four others, by Rockport Publishing.
Her fifth book entitled The 30-Day Vegan Challenge®: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Cleaner, Getting Leaner, and Living Compassionately was published by Random House/Ballantine Books, but is now out of print.
Patrick-Goudreau’s sixth and seventh books were published independently by Montali Press: On Being Vegan: Reflections on a Compassionate Life and The 30-Day Vegan Challenge® (New Edition): The Ultimate Guide to Eating Healthfully and Living Compassionately.
Articles, Essays, and Editorials
Patrick-Goudreau has appeared on The Food Network and is a contributor to "Perspectives," the editorial program produced by her local NPR affiliate KQED-FM. Until 2011, Patrick-Goudreau was a long-time columnist for VegNews magazine with her popular column VegGuru.
Colleen has appeared on national and regional TV programs, including the Food Network, CBS, PBS, and FOX.
Patrick-Goudreau was one of several people who provided information used in the writing of the book Striking at the Roots: A Practical Guide to Animal Activism (2008) by Mark Hawthorne. Colleen has contributed essays to Running, Eating, Thinking: A Vegan Anthology.
Patrick-Goudreau is a supporter of many animal organizations, including animal sanctuaries, such as Farm Sanctuary, and Animals Asia She is a runner, a reader, a globe-trotter, a tea-junkie, a film-nut, and a word-lover and lives in Oakland, CA with her husband and two cats.
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2007-10-01). Joy of Vegan Baking: The Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2009-06-01). The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2010-11-01). Color Me Vegan: Maximize Your Nutrient Intake and Optimize Your Health by Eating Antioxidant-Rich, Fiber-Packed, Color-Intense Meals That Taste Great
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2011-03-01). Vegan's Daily Companion: 365 Days of Inspiration for Cooking, Eating, and Living Compassionately. Quarry Books. ISBN 978-1-59253-679-5.
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2011-08-23). The 30-Day Vegan Challenge: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Cleaner, Getting Leaner, and Living Compassionately
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2013-04-22). On Being Vegan: Reflections on a Compassionate Life
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2014-12-11). The 30-Day Vegan Challenge (New Edition): The Ultimate Guide to Eating Healthfully and Living Compassionately
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau – Speaker Profile – Random House Speakers Bureau – The World's Best Speakers Under One Roof. Rhspeakers.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's Speaking Events and Booksigning Schedule. Joyfulvegan.com. Retrieved on March 12, 2015.
- Food for Thought: the place to explore, celebrate, and manifest a life motivated and defined by unconditional compassion and optimal wellness.. Retrieved on March 12, 2015.
- Rutger’s University. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Seton Hall University, New Jersey. Shu.edu. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- The Joy of Vegan Baking Cookbook by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Joyofveganbaking.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- The Vegan Table By Colleen Patrick-Goudreau – Home Page. Vegantable.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Colormevegan.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- Vegan's Daily Companion by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Vegansdailycompanion.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- Books By Colleen Patrick-Goudreau | Author Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Qbookshop. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- The 30 Day Vegan Challenge by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. 30dayveganchallenge.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- The 30-Day Vegan Challenge. Retrieved on March 16, 2015.
-  The 30-Day Vegan Challenge Online Program]. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
-  Retrieved March 16, 2015.
-  Retrieved March 16, 2015.
-  Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Food for Thought: Inspiring a Joyful, Sustainable, Compassionate Diet. Feeds.feedburner.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- iTunes – Podcasts – Food for Thought: Inspiring a Joyful, Sustainable, Compassionate Diet by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau from Joyful Vegan. Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- JoyfulVegan TV. Retrieved on March 16, 2015
- [Vegetarian Vegan Animal Rights Humane Meat Essays KQED Sayta VegNews Heifer Common Dreams]. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.[dead link]
- Italy's frutta heaven. CSMonitor.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- Joyful Vegan Press & Reviews. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
-  Running, Eating, Thinking: A Vegan Anthology. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Action Alerts Index. Farm Sanctuary. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.