Colleen Patrick-Goudreau with rescued dairy steer at Farm Sanctuary
|Occupation||American author, speaker, and podcaster|
Colleen Patrick-Goudreau (born March 8, 1970 in Westfield, New Jersey) is an American author, speaker, cultural commentator, and podcaster. Patrick-Goudreau advocates veganism as a means by which to prevent cruelty to animals.
Patrick-Goudreau has written several books. The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining was called "attractive" by Library Journal who also wrote, "Her sophisticated but mostly uncomplicated recipes will appeal to nonvegans and vegans alike." Her book Color Me Vegan uses contrasting colors in many of the recipes. Her book The 30-Day Vegan Challenge includes recipes and a "crash course in veganism," according to Bust. The book also addresses the health benefits of being a vegan. The 30-Day Vegan Challenge helps dispel the myth that veganism is about "deprivation and limitations," according to the Oregonian.
Patrick-Goudreau has a podcast called ANIMALOGY, which examines the animal-related words and expressions we use and what they say about the relationship between human and non-human animals. Her original podcast, Food for Thought, is in its 13th year. She is also a contributor to NPR. She was featured on Vegan Mashup, a show produced for PBS. Patrick-Goudreau has appeared on national and regional TV programs, including CBS with Good Day Sacramento, and FOX where she has shared her expertise and recipes.
- The Joy of Vegan Baking : the Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets. Fair Winds Press. 2007. ISBN 9781592332809.
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2009-06-01). The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion
- Color Me Vegan: Maximize Your Nutrient Intake and Optimize Your Health By Eating Antioxidant-Rich, Fiber-packed, Color-intense Meals That Taste Great. Fair Winds Press. 2010. ISBN 9781592334391.
- Vegan's Daily Companion: 365 Days of Inspiration for Cooking, Eating, and Living Compassionately. Quarry Books. 2011-03-01. ISBN 978-1-59253-679-5.
- The 30-Day Vegan Challenge. Roundtree Press. 2017. ISBN 978-1944903145.
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen (2013-04-22). On Being Vegan: Reflections on a Compassionate Life
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau – Speaker Profile – Random House Speakers Bureau – The World's Best Speakers Under One Roof. Rhspeakers.com. Retrieved on October 18, 2011.
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's Speaking Events and Booksigning Schedule. Joyfulvegan.com. Retrieved on March 12, 2015.
- King, Barbara J. (30 August 2012). "Do Vegetarians And Vegans Think They Are Better Than Everyone Else?". NPR. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- Sutton, Judith (15 June 2009). "The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion". Library Journal. 134 (11): 89 – via EBSCOhost. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Edible Palette". Vegetarian Times (383): 18. March 2011 – via EBSCOhost. (Subscription required (help)).
- Krosser, Casey. "Let The 30-Day Vegan Challenge Be Your Motivating, Brilliant, Vegan Best Friend". Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "The 30-Day Vegan Challenge". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- Butler, Grant (16 February 2015). "Got 30 days? That's all the time you need to embark on author's life-changing journey: Going Vegan". The Oregonian. Retrieved 17 May 2017 – via EBSCOhost. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Krypto the Superdog: A Bark for all Non-Human Animals - ComicsVerse". ComicsVerse. 2017-05-09. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- Gottfried, Maya (2011-11-04). "'I Am An Imperfect Vegan'". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Choice". The Boston Globe. 18 October 2007. Archived from the original on 28 October 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (help)).
- Kamila, Avery Yale (2012-06-06). "Natural Foodie: Delicious TV puts spotlight on vegans - Portland Press Herald". Press Herald. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Press". Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. 2016-10-17. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.|