The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Colleen Saidman is an American yoga instructor and yoga celebrity. She is the cofounder and codirector of Yoga Shanti in Sag Harbor, New York, and teaches along with her husband, yoga teacher Rodney Yee, in the Gaiam Yoga Club online yoga club/virtual yoga studio. A yoga practitioner for over 20 years and a graduate of Jivamukti's Teacher Training, Saidman has been teaching for 12 years. She is also certified in Shiatsu.
Saidman has been featured in several Gaiam DVDs including the Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Menopause and Yoga Burn. She has also been featured in Vanity Fair of June 2007; Dan's Hampton Style of May 2007; Southwest Airlines Spirit of June 2005; First 5 magazine of spring 2004; Yoga Journal of November 2003; New York Magazine of June 2002 and July 2000; and The New York Times in January 2001. More recently, Colleen is hosting her own television show, Yoga With a View on the high-end luxury TV network, Plum TV.
Saidman serves as a cochair of the Urban Zen Foundation's Health and Wellness Initiative, which plans to bring yoga, meditation and massage to hospital patients around the country. She worked with Mother Theresa at the Home of the Destitute and Dying in Calcutta, India. Colleen teaches at yoga workshops, teacher trainings as well as retreats for women nationally and internationally.
Marriage to Rodney Yee
Saidman and Rodney Yee married in December 2006 and live in The Hamptons. Saidman was a student of Yee's at the time, who was married. Since dating students violates the precepts of yoga teacher conduct as defined by the Yoga Alliance, this led to division in Yee-oriented communities. Despite the controversy over the beginnings of their relationship, Yee and Saidman have now been married since December 2006. Both yoga instructors continue to pursue their own careers (Yee with YeeYoga and Gaiam; Saidman with Yoga Shanti) and in May 2008 opened an online yoga club / virtual yoga studio together called The Gaiam Yoga Club.
- Jacobs, Alexandra (5 April 2013). "The First Lady of Yoga". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Amazon.com: Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Menopause: Colleen Saidman, Dr. Brent A. Bauer, Cathe Neukum: Movies & TV". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Gaiam". Retrieved 27 January 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Yoga Shanti in the press Archived 2008-07-24 at the Wayback Machine
- "New York Yoga Event - YJ LIVE in New York". 29 September 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- Urban Zen Foundation « Gaiam Experts Blog
- "Colleen Saidman Yee". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- Yoga Shanti :: yoga retreats with Jessica Bellofatto, Colleen Saidman and Rodney Yee Archived 2008-07-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Brady, Lois Smith (7 January 2007). "WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS: VOWS; Colleen Saidman and Rodney Yee". Retrieved 27 January 2017 – via NYTimes.com.
- Pelley, Virginia. "Twisted relationships: Inside yoga sex scandals". Metro. Archived from the original on 2014-02-22. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Goodyear, Charles; ibid.