College Football's National Championship
|College Football's National Championship|
|Genre(s)||Traditional American football simulation|
College Football's National Championship is a 1994 American football video game that was released exclusively for the North American Sega Genesis video game system. A sequel, College Football's National Championship II, was released in 1995.
Considered to be a clone of NFL Football '94 Starring Joe Montana with college teams, the game used exactly the same engine as the original program. Exhibition games and a tournament mode are available but not a regular season mode. Four players can play simultaneously with the help of the Team Player adaptor. Tournaments can be completely customized with either a customized schedule length and even a customized selection of opponents. Even the Wishbone and Option formations that were used in college football at that time were included.
Lon Simmons does the voice commentary in the game; he did the voice for all the SportsTalk series of video games for the Sega Genesis. There is a battery save that saves team records that are important for each college.
- College Football's National Championship at GameFAQs
- College Football's National Championship at Neoseeker
- College Football's National Championship at Gamervision
- "Sega's College Football Misses Second Championship". GamePro. No. 88. IDG. January 1996. p. 118.
- College Football's National Championship at allgame
- College Football's National Championship at MobyGames
|This American football video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|