College Park station (Caltrain)
College Park station, 22 September 2012
|Location||780 Stockton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110
|Owned by||Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Fare zone||Fare Zone 4|
|Passengers (2014)||92 on, 166 off per weekday 5.5%|
College Park is a lightly used Caltrain station in San Jose, California. It is served by two trains in each direction Monday through Friday, and no train stops there on weekends or holidays. It is in Caltrain Fare Zone 4. College Park serves Bellarmine College Preparatory, a boys' secondary school, resulting in the school-related service times.
In August 2005, service was reduced from 12 daily trains to four.
Due to the small size of the station, only two cars within a 5-car train are capable of opening their doors to allow passengers to board/disembark.
Platforms and tracks
|Mainline tracks||■ ACE||No stops|
|■ Coast Starlight||No stops|
|■ Capitol Corridor||No stops|
|■ Caltrain: Baby Bullet||No stops|
|Caltrain northbound||■ Caltrain: Local service||toward San Francisco, weekday limited service (Santa Clara)|
|■ Caltrain: Limited-stop service||toward San Francisco (Santa Clara)|
|Caltrain Southbound||■ Caltrain: Local service||toward Gilroy, weekday limited service (San Jose Diridon)|
|■ Caltrain: Limited-stop service||toward Tamien, Gilroy during peak hours (San Jose Diridon)|
- Caltrain Ticket Machines
- Sheltered Waiting Bench
- Clipper Card Validator
- "2014 Caltrain Annual Passenger Counts, Attachment 1 – Caltrain Service History" (PDF). Caltrain. 2014. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Southern Pacific Peninsula Time Tables". Southern Pacific Lines. April 1, 1978. Archived from the original on July 1, 2007.
- Dunn, Geoffrey (16 January 2013). "The Call of the Valley". Metro Silicon Valley. San Jose, California. p. 17. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
When Buck was stolen from the 'Miller' ranch, London referenced 'the little flag railway station known as College Park,' a small train stop that, to this day, is located in the College Park neighborhood, just off the Alameda near Bellarmine Preparatory School.
- London, Jack (1903). "Chapter I. Into the Primitive". The Call of the Wild.
No one saw him and Buck go off through the orchard on what Buck imagined was merely a stroll. And with the exception of a solitary man, no one saw them arrive at the little flag station known as College Park.
- Media related to College Park (Caltrain station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Station information (Caltrain)
- Station information (Transit Unlimited)
|This Santa Clara County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in San Jose, California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|