College Park High School (Pleasant Hill, California)
|College Park High School|
201 Viking Drive
|School type||Public high school|
|Student to teacher ratio||23.40|
|Area||Pleasant Hill, California|
|Color(s)||Purple and white|
|Affiliation||Mount Diablo Unified School District|
College Park High School is a public high school located in Pleasant Hill, California, United States, adjacent to Valley View Middle School and Diablo Valley College. It is part of the Mount Diablo Unified School District (MDUSD). CPHS was honored as a 2013 California Distinguished School by the California Department of Education.
College Park High School was founded in 1960 to alleviate population pressure from nearby Pleasant Hill High. The new institution chose the falcon for its mascot. The school had been constructed on land adjacent to Diablo Valley College, leading to the name College Park. A fierce rivalry developed between College Park and Pleasant Hill High until the latter closed. This rivalry would later be transferred to both Alhambra and Northgate High Schools. 
- In June 2004, members of the student body were found to have created a website that contained stolen test answers and student-posted homework answers. Much of the junior class was found to have knowledge of the site, which had existed nearly all year long. Two students as well as a teacher went on to appear on the Dr. Phil show as a result of the incident, gaining College Park national attention for the scandal.
- CPHS also gained national media attention in January 2005 when United States Army recruiters turned the school's quad into a lunchtime shooting range. The event was approved by the school's principal, but, after much criticism, he claimed he had envisioned a different type of event than what took place.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2015)
- Cori Alexander - professional soccer player and photographer
- Maurice Benard - Actor on the ABC Soap Opera "General Hospital"
- Tina Dupuy - syndicated columnist and author
- Meredith Patterson - Broadway, TV and film actress
- Travis Raciti - defensive end for the Philadelphia Eagles
- Melissa Seidemann - member of the U.S. women's water polo Senior National team; Olympic gold medalist at the 2012 Olympic Games and the 2016 Olympic Games
- United States Geological Survey (19 January 1981). "GNIS Detail -College Park High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- "School Administrators & Counselors". cphs.mdusd.org. Retrieved 2019-10-28.
- "College Park High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "2013 Distinguished Middle and High Schools". ca.gov. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Nilsen, Adam P. (2007). Images of America: Pleasant Hill. San Francisco, CA: Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7385-5565-2.
- "Dr. Phil.com". drphil.com. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Public Affairs - Clips". calstate.edu. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Burrell, Jackie (January 27, 2005), "U.S. Army recruiters cause uproar at College Park High", Contra Costa Times
- http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/Travis-Raciti/7a0f7716-bcdf-4e68-a66b-c68aabbdd7c4 Archived 2015-12-22 at the Wayback Machine>