College of Eastern Idaho
|Motto||Real education. Real jobs. Real Life.|
|Affiliation||State of Idaho|
|President||Rick Aman, PhD|
|Students||1300 (Summer, 2018)|
|Mascot||Franky the Falcon|
College of Eastern Idaho is a community college in Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States. It was founded in 1969 as Eastern Idaho Vocational Technical School and later became a technical college called Eastern Idaho Technical College. In May 2017, Bonneville County residents voted to a create a community college district allowing Eastern Idaho Technical College to become a community college. In July 2017, the Idaho State Board of Education appointed five community college trustees and completed the transition to community college.
The college's divisions include: Business, Office, and Technology; Health Professions; Trades and Industry; and General Education. Eastern Idaho Technical College also offers courses in adult basic education, GED testing and workforce training. Currently, the College of Eastern Idaho also awards an Associate of Arts degree in Liberal Arts, which is designed to serve students seeking to continue their education at a four-year university.
The district of the College of Eastern Idaho includes only Bonneville County. On November 7, 2017 voters in Bingham County had the opportunity to join the community college district. However, the proposal was defeated.
Enrollment as of summer, 2018 stood at 1,300 student.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-07-11. Retrieved 2017-07-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- O'Shaughnessey, E. "College of Eastern Idaho wins academic degree approval", KIFI-TV, Aug. 10, 2017. Retrieved from: http://www.localnews8.com/news/education/college-of-eastern-idaho-wins-academic-degree-approval/602796522
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-11-09. Retrieved 2017-11-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Clark, B. (Oct. 10, 2017). "Bingham County to vote on CEI", Idaho Falls: Post Register. Access here: http://www.postregister.com/articles/news-daily-email-todays-headlines/2017/10/10/bingham-county-vote-cei#
- Evensen, K. (Oct. 6, 2017). "Bingham commissioner urges voters to study pros, cons of joining community college taxing district", Pocatello: Idaho State Journal. Accessed: https://idahostatejournal.com/power_county_journal/bingham-commissioner-urges-voters-to-study-pros-cons-of-joining/article_c8313716-a4d0-5e55-8f88-23f50e770ac4.html