College of Engineering, Cherthala
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aided by the World Bank under TEQIP Programme Govt. of India
|Principal||Dr. Mini M.G|
|Location||Pallippuram, Cherthala, Kerala, India|
The Govt. College of Engineering, Cherthala (Malayalam: കോളേജ് ഓഫ് എഞ്ചിനീയറിംഗ്, ചേര്ത്തല ) is an engineering college in the state of Kerala, India , established in 2004, under the propitious of the Institute of Human Resources Development (IHRD)  and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. The college is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. 
The college is located at Pallippuram, close to the heart of Cherthala, is sufficiently removed from the hustle and bustle to provide a serene environment for higher learning. The college is surrounded by vegetation and greenery providing a panoramic view of the Vembanadu lake and is close to the newly set up InfoPark Smart Space at Pallippuram
Four-year B.Tech. degrees in:
- Computer Science and Engineering (formerly, Computer Engineering)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (formerly, Electronics Engineering)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (formerly,Electrical Engineering)
Two year postgraduate M.Tech course in:
- Electronics Engineering (Specialization in Signal Processing)
- Computer Science & Engineering (Specialization in Computer & Information Science) -
- Undergraduate programmes
The admission for both the merit quota and management quota is purely based on the rank secured in the All Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Govt. of Kerala. The difference between the merit quota and management quota is in the amount of fees that have to be paid by the candidates. 15% of the seats are reserved for NRIs; the admission is based on the merit in the qualifying examination.
- Post graduate programmes
Through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
CECTL has an annual intake of 270 students (+10% lateral entry students) through Government allotment, divided among the two branches as follows:
- Computer Science and Engineering: 90 seats (+10% lateral entry students)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 120 seats (+10% lateral entry students)
- Electrical and electronics engineering:60 seats (+10% lateral entry students)
- Electronics Engineering (Signal Processing) : 24 seats
- Computer Science Engineering (Computer & Information Science): 24 seats
The members of the College Senate are elected by and from the students of the college. The College Senate consists of elected representatives from each class and lady representatives from each year. The College Senate has an executive committee consisting of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, General Secretary, Treasurer, Editor, Sports Club Secretary and Arts Club Secretary. The tenure of office of the College Senate is one academic year. The objective of the Senate is to train the students in the responsibilities of citizenship, to promote opportunities for development of character among students, to organize debates, seminars and tours and to encourage educational and social activities.
Technical and non-technical organizations
- Nature Club
- Arts and Sport club
Arts and sports
The arts and sports festivals conducted every year by the college senate. The College Senate will divide students into 4 houses, each having one captain and a vice captain. There will be a College inauguration ceremony for Arts and Sports festivals.
Noticeable Achievements in Arts and Sports
- 2012-2013 Champions of intra ihrd 5s football tournament, by College Of Enngineering, Chengannur
- 2013-2014 Runners up of CUSAT university football tournament
- 2013-2014 Inter college 7s football tournament runners up ,at Model Enngineering College,Thrikkakara
- 2014-2015 Champions of inter college 5s football tournament, College Of Enngineering, Karunagappally
- 2015-2016 Champions of intra ihrd 5s football tournament, College Of Enngineering, Chengannur
Training and Placement cell
Training and Placement Cell functions as a launching platform for the qualified candidates to make their dreams a reality. TPC is guided by the placement officer with faculties from all the departments and is enriched by students members. TPC prepares the students to face competitive examination and interviews through intensive training programs encompassing aptitude tests, group discussions, mock interviews and basics of behavioral psychology and body language. TPC also assists the students in career planning and employment strategies. It invites reputed companies to the college and organize campus placement session.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Model Engineering College
- College of Engineering Chengannur
- College of Engineering Adoor
- College of Engineering Karunagappally
- College of Engineering Poonjar
- College of Engineering Kallooppara
- College of Engineering Attingal
- College of Engineering kottarakkara
- Institute of Human Resources Development
- List of Engineering Colleges in Kerala
- "Institute of Human Resources Development (IHRD), Kerala".
- "A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University" (PDF). Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. 2016-05-11.
- "Infopark Smart Space, Cherthala".
- "Official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams, Kerala".
- "gate 2012".