College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Logo of C.E.M.K
|Chairman||Debashish Sen (Retd. IAS)|
. KTPP Township,|
Purba Medinipur - 721 171, Kolaghat, West Bengal, India
|Campus||Urban, 26.925 acres / 108,960 m2|
|This is a college under MAKAUT|
College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat (CEMK) is a self financed cum Government aided engineering college in KTPP Township, Kolaghat, West Bengal. The college was conceived by Professor Shankar Sen, an educationist and former vice chancellor of Jadavpur University, in 1998. Courses are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
The college was financed under the World Bank prestigious TEQIP II programme under Government aided category for modernising it's labs and improving overall infrastructure. It has a campus area of 26.925 acres (108,960 m2) and is fully residential for faculty and staffs. The college offers full-time engineering programs leading to four-year B.Tech degree from Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology formerly known as(WBUT).
The college started with affiliation to Vidyasagar University, but in 2001 when MAKAUT was formed, CEMK came under its roof.
History and administration
The college was established in 1998 by the Vidyasagar Society for Integrated Learning, Kolkata with assistance from West Bengal Power Development Corporation (WBPDCL). Professor S.K. Sen, former vice-chancellor of Jadavpur University, a doyen of engineering education and ex-minister-in-charger of Power, Science and Technology and Non-conventional Energy Sources, Government of West Bengal is associated with the college as its advisor.
The college is in the Kolaghat Thermal Power Project Township (KTPP) at Kolaghat in Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (a Government of West Bengal undertaking), a power generation company in West Bengal, has provided 26.925 acres (108,960 m2) of land along with the some infrastructural facilities that include the administrative building, library, boys and girls' hostels, and staff quarters in the initial stage. Adding more to the scenic beauty is also a lake inside and around the campus.
Awards and recognitions
- Live classes and laboratories through video conference mode were being conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology professors under QEEE – a pilot project sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development (India) for students. Only 100 colleges are selected throughout India for this project.
- The college holds Life Institutional Membership of Institution of Engineers (India).
- The Institute is a member of prestigious Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, USA.
- AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) granted sponsored project for Modernization of Thermal Power Engineering Laboratory, Mechanical Department under MODROBS.
- Courses are being offered under NMEICT (National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology) project by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay and Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Students undergo courses offered by Infosys under its industry-academia relationship program called Campus Connect. (This is only available to those who have been recruited by Infosys)
- A team named ‘CEMK4TGMC’ comprising four final-year students won a top 10 state award(Top Teams from States Award) in the project competition ‘TGMC’ conducted by IBM. There were 1,25,000 final and pre-final year engineering student participants from engineering institutes including students from Indian Institutes of Technology .
- College is accredited by Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys for campus recruitment as well as Industry-Academic Programs.
- "History of the Institute". College of Engineering & Management, Kolaghat. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Governing Body of the institute". College of Engineering & Management, Kolaghat. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Employee List". College of Engineering & Management, Kolaghat. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat". College of Engineering & Management, Kolaghat. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "List of colleges affiliated to WBUT West Bengal University of Technology". Archived from the original on 8 December 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "CEMK4TGMC awarded Top Teams from States Award".