College of Medicine & JNM Hospital
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (February 2012)|
|Motto||Knowledge, Discipline, Service to Humanity|
|Type||Medical College and Hospitals|
|Principal||Dr. Santanu Banerjee|
|Location||JNM Hospital Road, Kalyani Nadia 741235 West Bengal, India
|Affiliations||West Bengal University of Health Sciences|
In June 2014 the college was reported as unable to meet the Medical Council of India (MCI) criteria during inspection.
The college and hospital are administered by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences]. The college was first registered with the Medical Council of India in 2010. The first batch of 100 students entered in August 2010.
In July 2016, there were reports of junior doctors being assaulted after protesting against an alleged drug racket running in and around the hospital.
- Dr. (Prof) S. Deb
- Dr. (Prof) H. Dasgupta Saha
- Dr. (Prof) Dipankar Bhattacharya
- Dr. (Prof) Santanu Banerjee
The college and hospital are funded and managed by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences and Government of West Bengal.
- "Medical seat crunch haunts Bengal ahead of Medical Council of India meet". 13 June 2014. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Name of College : College of Medicine and JNM Hospital,Kalyani,Nadia,". Medical Council of India. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "TMC councillor's son arrested for 'assaulting' doctors". The Indian Express. 7 July 2016. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
Media related to College of Medicine & JNM Hospital at Wikimedia Commons