Higher education in Erie, Pennsylvania
Erie's collegiate scene is fairly equally split between four-year institutions and two-year business centers. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine has the largest class of medical students in the country. Penn State Erie is the largest Penn-State branch college. The longest-operating Higher Education provider in the City of Erie is the Erie Business Center, which is a private campus offering 2-year Associate Degrees. Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is the oldest campus in Erie county (about 25 miles south of Erie proper). Edinboro University is a State University, which offers a wide range of various degree programs; including a thriving Arts Department. The following are schools that are located near or around Erie:
- LECOM. "Welcome Largest Class of Medical Students". Retrieved 2007-05-21.[dead link]
- Penn-State Behrend. "About". Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- Penn State Erie. "Enrollment Numbers". Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "Corry Hi-Ed History".
- "ErieBC - About EBC".
- "American School Search - EIT".
- "Open Site - GLIT".
- "Find the Company - Toni&Guy".
- "Campus Explorer - Triangle Tech".
- "Fortis - Campuses".