Collegiate Baseball Newspaper
Collegiate Baseball Newspaper (also known as Collegiate Baseball Magazine and Collegiate Baseball) is an American publication based in Arizona that considers itself the "voice of amateur baseball" which has been published for over 40 years. It is most noted for handing out the following awards: Collegiate Baseball Player of the Year, Collegiate Baseball Coach of the Year, and Collegiate Baseball All-Americans.
It is published twice a month from January until June, and then once each in September and October.
The "Collegiate Baseball" newspaper poll is college sports' oldest baseball poll. A ranking of the top 30 teams is released prior to the season, weekly throughout the season, and after the conclusion of the College World Series. It started with the 1957 college baseball season.
- 1 Collegiate Baseball Player of the Year
- 2 Collegiate Baseball Coach of the Year
- 3 Collegiate Baseball All-Americans
- 4 Collegiate Baseball Freshmen All-Americans
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Collegiate Baseball Player of the Year
Collegiate Baseball Coach of the Year
Collegiate Baseball All-Americans
Collegiate Baseball Freshmen All-Americans
Louisville Slugger's Freshmen All-American Baseball Team
- See footnote
Collegiate Baseball Freshman Pitcher of the Year
- 2005 - Mickey Storey (RHP, Florida Atlantic)
- 2006 - Alex Wilson (RHP, Winthrop)
- 2007 - Ryan Berry (RHP, Rice)
- 2008 - Chris Hernandez (LHP, University of Miami)
- 2009 - Trevor Bauer (RHP, UCLA)
- 2010 – Matt Purke (LHP, Texas Christian)
- 2011 - Corey Knebel (RHP, Texas)
- 2012 - Carlos Rodon (LHP, N.C. State)
- 2013 - Thomas Eshelman (RHP, Cal St. Fullerton)
- 2014 - Zach Plesac (RHP, Ball State)
- 2015 - Alex Lange (RHP, LSU)
- 2016 - Colton Eastman (RHP, Cal. St. Fullerton)
Collegiate Baseball Freshman Player of the Year
Before 2005, there was not a specific award known as the "Freshmen Pitcher of the Year." Rather, there were multiple Players of the Year awarded each season.
- 1998 - Hayden Gliemmo (LHP, Auburn), Aaron Heilman (RHP Notre Dame), Xavier Nady (2B, California)
- 1999 - James Jurries (2B, Tulane), Mark Teixeira (3B, Georgia Tech), Blair Varnes (RHP, Florida State)
- 2000 - Kevin Howard (3B, Miami), Zane Carlson (RP, Baylor), Mike Fontenot (2B, Louisiana State)
- 2001 - Lane Mestepey (LHP, Louisiana State), Jamie D'Antona (1B, Wake Forest)
- 2002 - Philip Humber (RHP, Rice), Vincent Sinisi (1B, Rice), Darryl Lawhorn (1B, East Carolina)
- 2003 - Mark Romanczuk (LHP, Stanford), Glen Perkins (LHP, Minnesota), Jeff Clement (Southern California), Stephen Head (Mississippi)
- 2004 - Wade LeBlanc (LHP, Alabama), Tim Lincecum (RHP, Washington), Blair Erickson (U.C. Irvine)
- 2005 - Joe Savery (Rice)
- 2006 - Pedro Alvarez (3B, Vanderbilt)
- 2007 - Dustin Ackley (1B, North Carolina)
- 2008 - Ryan Lockwood (OF, South Florida)
- 2009 - Anthony Rendon (3B, Rice)
- 2010 – Jeremy Baltz (OF, St. John’s)
- 2012 - Michael Conforto (OF, Oregon State)
- 2013 - Alex Bregman (SS, Louisville State)
- 2014 - Jake Noll (2B, Florida Gulf Coast)
- 2015 - Brendan McKay (Louisville), J. J. Schwarz, (Florida)
- 2016 - Seth Beer (Clemson), Kevin Strohschein (Tennessee Tech)
- Baseball Reference
- "About Collegiate Baseball Newspaper". Baseballnews.com. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- Author (February 22, 2010). "Baseball News – Clemson moves into top 15 in both baseball polls". TigerNet.com. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "Rice No. 1, MSU 24th In Final Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Poll – Mississippi State University Bulldogs Official Athletic Site". mstateathletics.com. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- Collegiate Baseball Player of the Year award. Baseball-Reference.com (Sports Reference LLC). Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- Collegiate Baseball Coach of the Year award. Baseball-Reference.com (Sports Reference LLC). Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- Collegiate Baseball All-Americans. Baseball-Reference.com (Sports Reference LLC). Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- ""Louisville Slugger's" Freshmen All-American Baseball Team". Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Inc. June 9, 2010. Retrieved July 2, 2010.