Collgar Wind Farm
Collgar wind farm is a wind farm located approximately 25 kilometres south-east of Merredin, Western Australia. With 111 Vestas V90-2MW wind turbines built in the first stage, and a total capacity of 206 MW it is expected to generate 792,000 MWh on average per year. It became fully operational in October 2011.
The feasibility studies have been carried out between 2006 and 2008, and a planning approval has been granted in September 2008. In March 2010 Collgar Wind Farm Pty Ltd was sold to UBS International Infrastructure Fund and Retail Employees Superannuation Trust. Construction began in June 2010, the wind farm has been connected to the grid in April 2011, and the first 50 turbines started operation in May. The wind farm became fully operational in October 2011.
- Quinn, Russell: WA's biggest wind farm is now online, in Perth Now, 15 April 2011
- Collgar Wind Farm: Site location and layout, retrieved 12 May 2011
- Merredin Mercury: First power generated, 11 May 2011
- Collgar fact sheet, retrieved 12 May 2011
- Collgar Wind Warm: "History", retrieved 11 December 2012
- Giant WA wind farm spins up a storm in the Australian Financial Review, 12 May 2011