|Birth name||Collin Marco Leijenaar|
|Also known as||Collin Leijenaar|
|Born||January 26, 1974|
|Years active||1990 - Present|
|Associated acts||Neal Morse|
Remo drum heads
The Kelly SHU mic mounting
MOON Mic sub mics
Shure Microphones studio mics
Dreaksshoes drum shoes
Collin Leijenaar is the drummer for progressive rock/metal bands Affector & Dilemma and the live drummer for Neal Morse.
- 1 Current projects/bands
- 2 Past projects/bands
- 3 Other
- 4 Discography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Affector is a progressive rock/metal band founded by German guitar player Daniel Fries and Collin Leijenaar. They are signed with Inside Out Music / Century Media and their debut album Harmagedon has been released on May 21 in Europe and on May 22 in the rest of the world.
- Daniel Fries – guitars
- Collin Leijenaar – drums
- Mike LePond – bass guitars (Symphony X)
- Ted Leonard – vocals (Spock’s Beard/Thought Chamber/Enchant)
Guest musicians on keys:
- Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater)
- Derek Sherinian (Black Country Communion/Planet X)
- Neal Morse (Transatlantic/Flying Colors)
- Alex Argento
Also featured on the album is Polish Sinfonietta Consonus Orchestra.
Dilemma is a progressive rock band from The Netherlands. Their debut CD Imbroccata was released through SI Music/Roadrunner. After the departure of drummer Frank Van Essen, who went to play with Iona (band), Collin Leijenaar was asked to play drums. After a hiatus of almost 10 years, Dilemma is back in the studio writing and recording their new album.
Between 2005 and 2012 Collin worked as drummer, band leader and tour manager in the live band of progressive rock artist Neal Morse (USA), known from his bands Spock's Beard and Transatlantic. In the Neal Morse band, Collin ‘subs’ for Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) who plays on the studio albums.
From the Question Mark tour a live-2CD: ‘Neal Morse - ? Live’ was released worldwide through Radiant Records, Metal Blade and Inside Out Records. A limited edition live DVD: Neal Morse – ‘Question Mark and Beyond’ was released early 2007. In May 2007 they did a European tour to support Neal’s album Sola Scriptura. On guitar they had the amazing Paul Bielatowicz from the Carl Palmer band. From this tour a 2-DVD set Sola Scriptura & Beyond has been released on June 24, 2008 through Radiant Records, Sony Music, Metal Blade en Inside Out Records. Neal Morse’s CD, Lifeline, is released on October 20, 2008. Collin Leijenaar is featured on this CD together with musicians like Paul Bielatowicz, Paul Gilbert, Mike Portnoy, Randy George and others. From that tour (also in 2008) a triple live CD has been released titled "So Many Roads". After Neal's "Testimony 2" album they did a big European tour.
More info about Neal Morse: www.nealmorse.com
Rhythm Of the Soul
With his percussion group Rhythm Of The Soul, Collin played on a big festival at the Gelredome stadium in Arnhem, The Netherlands before an audience of over 35.000 people. This was broadcast live on national television, with a few re-runs. This percussion group released a single (Tribal Worship), which is available worldwide through online music stores like iTunes, Rhapsody, and Napster.
With the popgroup Kaja, formed around the vocal duo Karlijn Surminski and Janine Schell. Kaja was signed with Sony Music, and had two singles that was noted in the Top 100 in The Netherlands. Collin played for three years with the band. They did a lot of gigs on festivals in The Netherlands, and did a lot of radio and TV shows and performances.
The B-Band was a rock band formed by a group of music students. This was the first band experience of Leijenaar, and with this group he released 5 CD's and toured throughout Europe. They have played many times in Poland, the Czech Republic and Germany.
DrumSchool & PopSchool
In 1999 Leijenaar started his drum school: Novae Drum School Ede. Quite a few of his students are now in prize winning bands, or have studied at music conservatories. In January 2006 this grew into Novae Pop School Ede, a music school, mainly focused at pop music in all its forms and styles. After starting with only 35 students, the school grew within a few years to a school with around 400 students and 17 teachers. www.popschoolede.nl
In 2007/2008 Collin was the producer for Green November's debut album "Broken Strings and Poetry". With his progressive rock roots Collin was possibly the best to produce this nu prog album. The album had great reviews in the leading music magazines in the Netherlands (Backline Popmagazine, Fret Popmagazine, Music Maker, IO Pages, ...) Green November homepage.
- 2012 - Harmagedon
with Neal Morse
- 2005 - Live in Berlin (live)
- 2006 - The Europe Winter 2006 Church Tour DVD
- 2006 - Question Mark & Beyond - Tour of Europe 2006 DVD (live DVD)
- 2006 - Live at the Kings Center DVD
- 2007 - Sing It High
- 2007 - Question Live (live)
- 2007 - Encores and New Songs
- 2008 - Sola Scriptura & Beyond (DVD)
- 2008 - Sola Scriptura Live (live CD)
- 2008 - Lifeline (Neal Morse album)
- 2009 - So Many Roads: Live in Europe (live 3CD)
with Jessica Koomen
- 2007 - "Can't Take That Away From Me"
- 2009 - "I Wish You Love" (live DVD)
- 1996 - Dilemma - Comfort Zone Arena
- 1997 - Dilemma - EP
- 1999 - Dilemma - Future History
- 2015 - Dilemma - Liberation
with The B-Band
- 1995 - Everybody Feels
- 1996 - Break The Chain
- 1996 - Immortal Emotion
- 1997 - One Way Out Of Hell
- 1998 - Try Me
with other artists
- 1996 - Cross The Edge - It's Time For War!
- 1997 - Recabite - Thanks Be To God
- 1998 - Andy Pratt - Forgiving Spirit
- 1998 - United - United
- 2000 - Elisa Krijgsman Bluesfriends - Blue Eyed Woman
- 2001 - Boom Aid - Nu Of Nooit
- 2001 - Kaja - TMF Cafe Unplugged (live)
- 2002 - Kaja - Use
- 2002 - Rivelino - Pull Yourself Together
- 2003 - Reni & Elisa Krijgsman - Samen
- 2003 - Come2Worship - I Bow Down
- 2004 - Collide - Love
- 2005 - Wilco van Esschoten - Airbike
- 2006 - Matthijn Buwalda - Storm voor de stilte
- 2006 - Martin Brand - Ongekend
- 2012 - Zylver - Van Verre
- 2014 - Jordan Rudess - Explorations
- 2014 - Dave Bainbridge - Celestial Fire
- 1998 - Let's Worship the Awesome God
- 1999 - Heart of Worship
- 2000 - Time to Worship
- 2002 - Here I Am
- 2003 - Secrets
- 2004 - Words
- 2005 - Friend of God
- 2006 - Free
- 2007 - Mystery