|Location||Vauxhall, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom|
|Owner||The Peel Group|
|Operator||Mersey Docks and Harbour Company|
|Area||5 acres (2.0 ha), 244 sq yd (204 m2)|
|Width at entrance||60 ft (18 m)|
|Quay length||553 yd (506 m)|
Collingwood Dock is a dock on the River Mersey, in England, and part of the Port of Liverpool. It is situated in the northern dock system in Vauxhall, and is connected to Stanley Dock to the east and Salisbury Dock to the west.
The dock was designed by Jesse Hartley, and opened in 1848 along with four other Liverpool docks. The dock was named after Cuthbert Collingwood, 1st Baron Collingwood and was intended to handle relatively small vessels only. The Liverpool Corporation had a berth for its refuse boats in Collingwood Dock for many years. A bascule road bridge spans the passage between Collingwood and Stanley Docks.
Collingwood Dock has been little altered since construction. The dock is part of the Stanley Dock Conservation Area and is on the route of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal extension to the Pier Head.
Collingwood dock is home to the Glaciere Maritime Academy.
- "Liverpool Canal Link Skipper's Guide 2016" (PDF). Canal & River Trust. p. 3. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Baines 1859, Part II, p. 88
- Baines 1859, Part II, p. 116
- Pollard & Pevsner 2006, p. 277
- McCarron & Jarvis 1992, pp. 32-33
- "Stanley Dock Conservation Area". Liverpool World Heritage. Archived from the original on 6 May 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2008.
- "Liverpool Canal Link: The Scheme". British Waterways. Archived from the original on 25 July 2008. Retrieved 20 March 2008.
- "The Glaciere Maritime Academy". The City of Liverpool College. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Baines, Thomas (1859). Liverpool in 1859. London: Longman & Co. OCLC 43484994.
- McCarron, Ken; Jarvis, Adrian (1992). Give a Dock a Good Name?. Birkenhead: Merseyside Port Folios. ISBN 9780951612941. OCLC 27770301.
- Pollard, Richard; Pevsner, Nikolaus (2006). Lancashire: Liverpool and the South West. Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300109108. OCLC 63396571.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Collingwood Dock.|