Collins Hill High School
|Collins Hill High School
Crest - Eagle (made by Coach Brad Hayes)
"You can't hide that Eagle pride!"
|50 Taylor Road
Gwinnett County, near Suwanee, Georgia 30024
|Type||College preparatory, Technical|
|Founder||Coley Krug (original principal)|
|School district||Gwinnett County Public Schools|
|Grades||9, 10, 11, 12|
|Number of students||3,054|
|Hours in school day||07:10 AM - 02:11 PM|
|Campus||70 acres (280,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Green, Silver and White with Black as an unofficial accent|
|Buildings||4: 1.000; 2.000; 3.000; Field House (4.000)|
|Special Rooms||28 offices, 1 theater, 2 gymnasiums, 1 large 8000-seat stadium, 3 athletic playing fields, and 2 practice fields|
|Website||Collins Hill High School|
The Collins Hill property
Collins Hill High School is a high school in Gwinnett County, near Suwanee, Georgia. The school is operated by Gwinnett County Public Schools. The only school which feeds into it is Creekland Middle School.
Collins Hill was the biggest high school in Georgia when it first opened in 1994, and has added 20 acres (81,000 m2) since it first opened. Its student population has grown from its original 1377 students to a high of about 4,200, the current count being 3,730.
Collins Hill's principal academic and athletic rival is nearby Peachtree Ridge High School. Its mascot is the "Screamin' Eagle," and the school colors are green, silver, white, and unofficially black.
The Georgia Athletic Directors Association and Regions Bank has awarded Collins Hill High School the 2009-2010 Class 5A Regions Bank Directors Cups combined overall award.
Since 1994, the Collins Hill Athletic Program has produced numerous state championships and numerous division 1 college athletes.
In 2005-06, The girls’ softball team, boys' and girls’ track and cross country, and girls' basketball team were state AAAAA champions, and the school was awarded the Director's Cup for having the top AAAAA sports program in the state of Georgia.
In 2007, Eric Gill was State Champion in Discus, 2 Time Atlanta Track Club all State, Taco Bell Discus Champion and 8th place All American at Nike Nationals 2007.
In 2008, the girls' cross country and wrestling teams both won state championships. These titles along with many top 10 finishes by the other CHHS sports helped land the athletic program a number 9 ranking by Sports Illustrated in their annual national ranking of high school athletics.
The softball team, coached by Billy Dooley, won back-to-back state championships in 2009 and 2010.
The Collins Hill boys' soccer team were back-to-back state champions in 2009 and 2010.
In 2010, the baseball team won the Region 7-AAAAA Championship finishing 20-6 overall and 14-4 in the region, the girls' track and field team won the Region 7-AAAAA Championship, and the boys won the State AAAAA Soccer Championship.
In 2010, The Collins Hill cheerleading competition squad went to State for the first time in eight years and received third place.
In 2012, The Collins Hill Ultimate Frisbee team won the Division 1 GA State High School Championship in a score of 8-7 versus Grady High School.
In 2013, The Collins Hill football team won the Region 7-AAAAAA Championship in a 3 way tie with North Gwinnett and Norcross High School.
In 2013, The Collins Hill softball team won a state championship; the team was ranked number one nationally at the end of the year by MaxPreps.
Many students participate in community service clubs such as Beta Club, and are very active in helping others. Students are offered many volunteer opportunities throughout the year via the school's Volunteer Center. Four scholarships are available to students for volunteering and getting involved.
- Brandon Coutu, Ex-Seattle Seahawks placekicker
- Matt Lanter, model and actor
- Kyle Maynard, 2004 ESPN ESPY Award winner and author of No Excuses
- Maya Moore, McDonald's All-American, 2006 and 2007 Naismith Prep Player of the Year, WNBA Champion University of Connecticut Huskies basketball player
- Taylor Heinicke, Minnesota Vikings quarterback
- "Welcome to Collins Hill High School". collinshill.com. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "GHSA Sanctioned Athletic Events". GHSA.
- "GHSFHA Collins Hill Yearly Record". GHSFHA.
- "Super 25 girls basketball rankings". USA Today. 27 March 2007.
- "Collins Hill Eagles Soccer". eteamz.com. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Collins Hill softball ranked No. 1 nationally, Buford second". Gwinnett Prep Sports. November 14, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "History of Collins Hill High School: 1994–2006". Gwinnett County High Schools.
- "CHHS Volunteer Center". collinshill.com. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Collins Hill High School
- CHHS Athletics
- Collins Hill High School basketball
- CHHS Cheerleading
- CHHS Baseball