Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs attention from an expert in chemistry. The specific problem is: the formula and its explanation need to be checked for accuracy. Also reference (now deleted) does not support the content of the page.January 2015)(
SI unit of Z is number of collision , where is Avogadro constant.
- is the number density of A in the gas (unit ),
- is the number density of B in the gas (unit ),
- is the reaction cross section (unit ), the area when two molecules collide with each other, simplified to , where the radius of A and the radius of B.
- is the Boltzmann's constant unit ,
- is the temperature (unit ),
- is the reduced mass of the reactants A and B, (unit )
Collision in diluted solution
Collision in diluted gas or liquid solution is regulated by diffusion instead of direct collisions, which can be calculated from Fick's laws of diffusion.