Station entry concourse, January 13, 2013
|Location||365 D Street
Colma, CA 94014
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Parking||2238 spaces- Monthly Reserved, Daily ($3/day), Midday (free after 3pm), Extended Weekend (free), Carpool ($3/day),
Airport/Long Term ($6/day).
|Bicycle facilities||24 Lockers|
|Opened||February 24, 1996 (21 years ago)|
|Passengers (FY 2016)||4,641 exits/day 2.03%|
Colma is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station located in unincorporated northern San Mateo County, adjacent to the incorporated municipalities of Colma and Daly City. Situated in a small valley immediately adjacent to a BART rail yard, the station consists of three main tracks with a shared island platform and one side platform. Currently, only the island platform and two of the main tracks are in service.
Before BART service was extended southward to Millbrae in 2003, Colma served as the southern terminal (now at Millbrae) on the San Francisco Peninsula for the BART system. The Pittsburg/Bay Point-SFO Line terminated there on all trips and Richmond-Millbrae line ended there at weekday rush hours.
Service at this station began on February 24, 1996.
Balboa Park became an official transfer station when Colma entered service. On the way back to Dublin or Fremont, Daly City was a transfer point for Colma in 1996.
|Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Northbound||← Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward Pittsburg / Bay Point (Daly City)
← Richmond–Daly City/Millbrae toward Richmond weekdays (Daly City)
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Southbound||→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward San Francisco International Airport weekdays, Millbrae weekends and weeknights (South San Francisco)
→ Richmond–Daly City/Millbrae toward Millbrae weekdays (South San Francisco)
|Side platform, not in service|
Several SamTrans bus lines stop at the station:
- 38 - daily peak period shuttle to Safe Harbor Shelter in San Bruno.
- 112 - daily local service to Linda Mar Shopping Center (Pacifica) via Serra Center, Serramonte Shopping Center, Fairmont Shopping Center, Pacific Manor Shopping Center, downtown Pacifica, and Crespi/Linda Mar Park and Ride.
- 118 - weekday peak period service to Linda Mar Shopping Center (Pacifica) via Highway 1.
- 120 - daily local service to Brunswick & Templeton (Daly City) via Serra Center, Serramonte Shopping Center, Skyline Plaza Shopping Center, Westlake District (Daly City), and Daly City BART.
- 121 - daily local service to Lowell & Hanover (San Francisco, northbound) and Skyline College (San Bruno, southbound) via Daly City BART, Seton Medical Center, Serramonte Shopping Center, and Fairmont Shopping Center.
- 122 - daily service to Stonestown (San Francisco, northbound) and South San Francisco BART (South San Francisco, southbound) via Kaiser Hospital, Westborough Shopping Center, King Plaza Shopping Center, Serramonte Shopping Center, Serra Center, Seton Medical Center, Westlake Shopping Center (Daly City), and San Francisco State University.
- 130 - daily local service to Daly City BART via Mission Street (San Francisco), Top of the Hill (Daly City), Hillside Boulevard, and Orange Street (Daly City)
- ECR - daily local service along the El Camino Real corridor to Daly City BART (northbound) and Palo Alto Caltrain (southbound)
- "Parking - Parking Programs". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District. "Monthly Ridership Reports". Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Celebrating 40 Years of Service 1972 • 2012 Forty BART Achievements Over the Years" (PDF). Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-30.