Colombia–South Korea relations
Relations between Colombia and South Korea include trade, military and diplomatic relations. Colombian troops arrived in Korea in 1951 as part of UN Forces, but direct diplomatic relations were not established until March 1962.
During the Korean War Colombia was the only Latin American nation to actively participate in the UN Forces, with ground troops and its only frigate, the Almirante. The first Colombian soldiers arrived in Korea on 8 May 1951 and the last departed on 11 October 1954. In all 4,314 soldiers were deployed. The commander of the forces was general fr:Alberto Ruiz Novoa.
Direct diplomatic relations were established in March 1962
The embassy is currently located in the Jongno district of Seoul, near the Gyeonghuigung, the Gyeongbokgung, the Sejong Center, and the Seoul Museum of History precisely at 1 Jongno 1-ga at the intersection of Sejongno expressway, and it is serviced by the Gwanghwamun subway station.
Located on the 11th floor of the Kyobo Life Insurance Building, the embassy shares its space with the Consulate General of Colombia in Seoul, which is also accredited to the Philippines in matters of consular affairs.
- Mario A. Murillo Colombia and the United States: War, Unrest and Destabilization - - 2011 Page 124 Colombian involvement in international conflicts such as the Korean War was directly tied to its dependency on the United States. Colombia was the only country in all of Latin America to respond positively to Washington's call for a direct ..."
- Gordon L. Rottman Korean War Order of Battle: United States, United Nations, and ... Page 124 2002 The first of 4,314 Colombian soldiers arrived in Korea on 8 May 1951 with the last departing on 11 October 1954. "1952–June 1953 4th Colombia Battalion (4e Batallón Cozlombia) June 1953–Oct. 1954 Colombia deployed its only frigate ... "
- Ana Maria Forero Angel Nessuno ascolta il colonnello 2010- Page 108 "Così, per esempio, scrive il generale Andrade: All'inizio degli anni Sessanta il comandante dell'esercito era il generale Alberto Ruiz Novoa, che aveva comandato quel battaglione [il battaglione Colombia, durante la guerra di Corea] tra il '52 "
- 93 años del General Alberto Ruiz Novoa 2010
- "Foreign Missions in ROK". Seoul: South Korea, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Misiones de Colombia en el Exterior: Corea" (in Spanish). Colombia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Archived from the original on 14 January 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "1 Jongno 1-ga". Google Maps. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Decreto 1945 de 2012" (in Spanish). Bogotá: Colombia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 19 September 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- OAS.org Documents of Colombia Korea free trade agreement (FTA)
- Embassy of Colombia in Seoul's Website (in Spanish)