Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up colonia or Colonia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikispecies has information related to Colonia|
Colonia (Roman) (plural coloniae) was originally a Roman Empire outpost established in conquered territory to secure it. Eventually, however, the term came to denote the highest status of Roman city.
Colonia may also refer to:
- Colonia del Sacramento, the oldest city in Uruguay and a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Colonia Department, a departamento in southwestern Uruguay, where Colonia del Sacramento is the capital
- Colonia, Yap, a city in Micronesia
- Colonia, New Jersey
- Colonia, Oxnard, California
- Cologne, originally Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensis, Germany's fourth-largest city
- Colonia, a village in Tritenii de Jos Commune, Cluj County, Romania
- Colonia (music group), a Croatian dance music group
- Colonia (Autopsia album), a 2002 compilation album by Autopsia
- Colonia (A Camp album), the second album by A Camp
- Colonia (film), a 2015 German film
- Colonia (surname)
- Colonia (Mexico), a neighborhood of large urban areas in Mexico
- Colonia (United States), a low-income community along the U.S./Mexican border
- Colonia (ship), a cable vessel that worked on the All Red Line
- Colonia (bird), a genus of tyrant flycatcher containing a single species, the long-tailed tyrant
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Colonia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.