|Coordinates (Colonia del Sacramento):|
|Capital of Department||Colonia del Sacramento|
|• Intendant||Walter Zimmer|
|• Ruling party||Partido Nacional|
|• Total||6,106 km2 (2,358 sq mi)|
|• Density||22/km2 (56/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (UYT)|
|ISO 3166 code||UY-CO|
The region is the main producer of dairy products in Uruguay. Its proximity to Buenos Aires makes it the main entry point for tourists coming from Argentina into Uruguay, usually by crossing the Río de la Plata.
Population and Demographics
As of the census of 2011, Colonia Department has a population of 138,204 (60,203 male and 63,000 female) and 57,003 households.
Demographic data for Florida Department in 2010:
- Population growth rate: 0.042%
- Birth Rate: 13.47 births/1,000 people
- Death Rate: 9.96 deaths/1,000 people
- Average age: 35.7 (34.0 male, 37.4 female)
- Life Expectancy at Birth:
- Total population: 78.09 years
- Male: 74.70 years
- Female: 81.70 years
- Average per household income: 25,213 pesos/month
- Urban per capita income: 10,714 pesos/month
2010 Data Source:
|Main Urban Centres||Other towns and villages|
|Population stated as per 2011 census.|
- Rural population
According to the 2011 census, Colonia department has an additional rural population of 11,471.
- "Censos 2011 Colonia (needs flash plugin)". INE. 2012. Archived from the original on 1 September 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Uruguay en cifras" (PDF) (in Spanish). INE. 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Censos 2011 Cuadros Colonia". INE. 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Colonia Department.|
|This article about a place in Colonia Department is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|