Map of Colonia Department
Colonia is a department of southwestern Uruguay. Its capital is Colonia del Sacramento, the country's second oldest city.
The region is the main producer of dairy products in Uruguay. Its proximity to Buenos Aires makes it the main entry point for tourists coming from Argentina into Uruguay, usually by crossing the Río de la Plata.
Population and Demographics
As of the census of 2011, Colonia Department has a population of 123,203 (60,203 male and 63,000 female) and 57,003 households.
Demographic data for Florida Department in 2010:
- Population growth rate: 0.042%
- Birth Rate: 13.47 births/1,000 people
- Death Rate: 9.96 deaths/1,000 people
- Average age: 35.7 (34.0 male, 37.4 female)
- Life Expectancy at Birth:
- Total population: 78.09 years
- Male: 74.70 years
- Female: 81.70 years
- Average per household income: 25,213 pesos/month
- Urban per capita income: 10,714 pesos/month
2010 Data Source:
|Main Urban Centres
||Other towns and villages
|Population stated as per 2011 census.
|City / Town
|Colonia del Sacramento
|Ombues de Lavalle
- Rural population
According to the 2011 census, Colonia department has an additional rural population of 11,471.
Coordinates: 34°7′0″S 57°41′0″W / 34.11667°S 57.68333°W