This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Colonial Times was a newspaper in Tasmania, Australia. It was established as the Colonial Times, and Tasmanian Advertiser in 1825 in Hobart, Van Diemen's Land (known as Tasmania since 1856) by the former editor of the Hobart Town Gazette, and Van Diemen's Land Advertiser, Andrew Bent. The name was changed to Colonial Times in 1827, and the title was eventually absorbed into the Hobart Town Mercury in 1857.
- Kirkpatrick, Rod (2006), Select chronology of significant Australian press events from 1802-1850
- Kirkpatrick, Rod (2006), Select chronology of significant Australian press events from 1851-1900
- Pretyman, E.R. (1966) Bent, Andrew (1790-1851) in the Australian Dictionary of Biography (Online)
- History of the Mercury from the Mercury Print Museum.
- Colonial Times and Tasmanian Advertiser (Hobart, Tas. : 1825 - 1827) at Trove
- Digitised historic Colonial Times from the Colonial Williamsburg