Colonnade at State College
|Address||Colonnade Boulevard at North Atherton Street
State College, PA 16803
|Management||Allied Retail Properties|
|Owner||Allied Retail Properties|
|No. of stores and services||15+|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||374,710 square feet (34,812 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
|Public transit access||CATA bus: HP, N, V, VN|
Colonnade at State College is an open-air shopping center located just off North Atherton Street (Business Route 322) in State College, Pennsylvania. Opened in 2000, the center is currently home to three anchors (Kohl's, Target, and Wegmans) plus many other well-known retailers. Dining options include Applebee's and Wegmans Market Cafe.
Construction began on the 70-acre Colonnade at State College shopping center in the fall of 1999. Target, Wegmans, Dick's Sporting Goods, Michaels, Circuit City, and a 14-screen Carmike Cinemas were all set to be among the earliest tenants however, Carmike would be forced to back out due to its Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing in the summer of 2000 (they eventually came out of bankruptcy two years later). All of the other stores proceeded to open as scheduled although Circuit City would close in 2009 due to the bankruptcy of that store chain. A brand new 89,000 sq. ft. Kohl's was added in the fall of 2008 and HomeGoods eventually replaced Circuit City.
Adjoining the Colonnade on the northeast side is Patton Town Center which currently includes a Cracker Barrel restaurant and a 6,000 sq. ft. Sheetz convenience store. There are plans to add a medical office building, another restaurant, and a 15,000 sq. ft. shopping center.
- Kohl's – 88,925 square feet (8,261 m2)
- Target – 126,917 square feet (11,791 m2)
- Wegmans – 101,670 square feet (9,445 m2)
- "Allied Corporate :: 4737 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE. 19803 :: 302.479.8314". Alliedretailprop.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "New Sheetz location ready to open". Centre Daily Times. The McClatchy Company. August 28, 2017.
- "What's next for the Patton Town Center development?". Centre Daily Times. The McClatchy Company. April 11, 2018.