Colony House (band)
Natives of Franklin, Tennessee, the band is composed of brothers Caleb Chapman (born October 2, 1989) (vocals) and Will Chapman (born February 6, 1991) (drums), guitarist Scott Mills, and bassist Parke Cottrell. Caleb and Will are the sons of contemporary Christian musician, Steven Curtis Chapman. The band began working together while in high school in 2009. They have described their sound as "rock n' roll" with "stripped-down instruments", influenced by U2 and Cold War Kids. Originally named Caleb, they changed the name to Colony House in 2013, after an apartment complex where they had lived. They self-released three EPs, before releasing their debut album, When I Was Younger, on July 22, 2014. The lead single from the album, "Silhouettes", received alternative rock radio airplay, appeared on the ITunes Store Alt-Rock chart, and was the most downloaded song on SiriusXM Alt Nation. The band made their television debut on September 29, 2014 on NBC's Late Night with Seth Meyers.
Colony House toured with Needtobreathe, Ben Rector (leg 1), Switchfoot (leg 2), and Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors for the 2015 Tour De Compadres tour. They were featured at Drew Holcomb's Moon River Music Festival in Memphis, Tennessee in 2015 and 2016.
Colony House's second studio album, Only the Lonely, released on January 13, 2017. Singles released off the album "You Know It", "Lonely" and "You & I" and "This Beautiful Life". The album charted at No. 76 on the Billboard 200 charts. The band then went on a headlining tour in support of the album with guest Deep Sea Diver and Knox Hamilton.
- When I Was Younger (Descendants Records, 2014) (Billboard No. 154)
- Only the Lonely (RCA Records, 2017) (Billboard No. 76)
- Caleb Chapman - lead vocals, guitar
- Will Chapman - drums, percussion
- Scott Mills - guitar, additional vocals
- Parke Cottrell - bass, keys, additional vocals
- Thomas, Fred. "Colony House | Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "Colony House - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- Google Book from Mother
- Boilen, Bob (May 22, 2014). "Colony House, 'Silhouettes'". NPR. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- Weston, Liana. "Sound Scout: Colony House Is Not Just Your Ordinary Rock Trio". Teen Vogue. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- Chattman, Jon (October 18, 2014). "A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Seeing "Silhouettes" of Colony House; "Delve" Into Unappreciated Songs By, Em, Overappreciated Artists". Huffington Post. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "Colony House Performance: "Silhouettes"". NBC. September 30, 2014. Retrieved October 20, 2014.