Colorado City, Colorado
Colorado City, Colorado
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Type||metropolitan district|
|• Total||15.070 sq mi (39.030 km2)|
|• Land||14.956 sq mi (38.735 km2)|
|• Water||0.114 sq mi (0.295 km2)|
|Elevation||5,925 ft (1,806 m)|
|• Density||147/sq mi (57/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature||Colorado City CDP|
Colorado City is an unincorporated town, a post office, and a census-designated place (CDP) located in and governed by Pueblo County, Colorado, United States. The CDP is a part of the Pueblo, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area. The Colorado City post office has the ZIP Code 81019 (post office boxes). At the United States Census 2010, the population of the Colorado City CDP was 2,193, while the population of the 81019 ZIP Code Tabulation Area was 1,690. The Colorado City Metropolitan District provides services.
The Colorado City CDP has an area of 9,645 acres (39.030 km2), including 73 acres (0.295 km2) of water.
|Source: United States Census Bureau|
Colorado City is a metropolitan district, a type of special district established under Colorado law. It is governed by an elected, five-member board of directors and managed by an appointed district manager.
The metropolitan district operates Lake Beckwith, which provides recreational opportunities for residents and visitors. The lake also forms the Lake Beckwith State Wildlife Area, one of several hundred state wildlife areas in Colorado managed by Colorado Parks and Wildlife. Colorado City also has a public golf course and club house.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "State of Colorado Census Designated Places - BAS20 - Data as of January 1, 2020". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 27, 2020.
- "U.S. Board on Geographic Names: Domestic Names". United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 27, 2020.
- "Look Up a ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 27, 2020.
- "2010: DEC Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 27, 2020.
- "Colorado City: Greenhorn Valley's scenic hub". The Pueblo Chieftain. 2018-05-19. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "Metro Board". Colorado City Metropolitan District. State of Colorado. 2019. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "CCPR—Lake Beckwith information". Colorado City Parks and Recreation. 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-10-30. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "Lake Beckwith State Wildlife Area" (PDF). Colorado Parks and Wildlife. 2018-01-31. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "Hollydot Golf Club". Hollydot Golf Club. 2018. Retrieved 2019-02-16.