Colorado Springs Socialists
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Colorado Springs Socialists
|Headquarters||Colorado Springs, Co|
|Newspaper||Rocky Mountain Revolution|
|Part of a series on|
the United States
Colorado Springs Socialists is a small organization located in the city of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The CSS was initially founded as a Marxist reading group in the Autumn of 2016, before developing into a formal political organization in 2017. By late 2018, the group exceeded 100 members, operating on two university campuses and in the city of Pueblo, Colorado.
The CSS is an organization that holds the position that capitalism must be abolished and replaced with a socialist based political and economic structure. The organization takes a non-tendency position on Marxism and Socialism, accepting Democratic Socialists, Anarchists, Libertarian socialists, Left Communists, Maoists, Marxist-Leninists and Trotskyists. Currently, the CSS is involved in a project called the Marxist Center, an attempt to unite other non-tendency revolutionary socialist organizations across the United States into "the first nation-wide, non-tendency Marxist organization." 
Police infiltration and arrests
On March 2017, four members of the CSS were arrested during "March Against Imperialism" protest in downtown Colorado Springs, on charges of obstructing traffic ways, a misdemeanor crime in Colorado. The CSS referred to these arrests as the "Trial of the Socialist Six", alleging The Colorado Springs Police Department took part in outrageous conduct, endangering of protesters, and frequently participating in arbitrary arrests. On August 2nd, 2017 Colorado Springs Independent writer Nat Stein uncovered body-camera footage of Colorado Springs officers discussing the infiltration of the organization. The Colorado Springs Police Force placed two undercover officers, under the aliases of "Mark" and "Amy", into the CSS as part of a surveillance of the organization.
- "About | Colorado Springs Socialists". cssocialists.com. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Benzel, Lance. "4 members of socialist group dodge jail time after arrests at Colorado Springs protest march". Colorado Springs Gazette. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Benzel, Lance. "Jury: Colorado Springs protesters infiltrated by undercover officers guilty of blocking traffic". Colorado Springs Gazette. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Stein, Nat. "Socialists get arrested for marching in the streets". Colorado Springs Independent.
- "Trial of the Socialist Six - Rocky Mountain Revolution". cssocialists.com.
- Stein, Nat. "Jaywalking case exposes law enforcement embedded in far-left group". Colorado Springs Independent.
- Stein, Nat. "Undercover officers take the stand to explain infiltration of local Socialists". Colorado Springs Independent. Retrieved 29 November 2018.