Colorado Technical University
|Colorado Technical University|
Seal of Colorado Technical University
|Colorado Technical College|
|Provost||Connie Johnson, Ed.D.|
|Location||Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States|
Colorado Technical University (CTU) is a for-profit university in the United States. Founded in 1965, CTU offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees, primarily in business, management, and technology.
The school was established as Colorado Technical College in 1965, with a focus on training former military personnel in technical and vocational subjects. In 1995, the institution gained university status and changed its name to Colorado Technical University.
The NSA and the Department of Homeland Security recognize CTU as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education. According to Colorado Tech, CTU has more than 70,000 graduates worldwide.[non-primary source needed]
The university maintains Colorado campuses in Colorado Springs (main campus) and there are two campuses in Denver: the northern campus in Westminster, and the southern campus in Aurora. Additionally, a number of its degree programs can be completed entirely or largely online.
CTU-Colorado Springs, the main campus, is located in Colorado Springs. This campus has been classified by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as a Doctoral/Research University (D/RU) that is Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) dominant.
Colorado Technical University offers accredited degree programs in business, engineering, and applied scientific disciplines, including Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Engineering, Finance, Health Sciences, Information Systems and Technology, Management, and Public Administration.
Schools and colleges
CTU has the following areas of study 
- College of Business & Management
- College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Information Systems & Technology
- College of Security Studies
- College of Project Management
USNWR online program rankings
|Graduate Information Technology Program||18|
|Graduate Criminal Justice Program||22|
Colorado Technical University (CTU) received high marks on the prestigious U.S. News & World Report lists for Best Online Programs for 2015. CTU was recognized for its online bachelor’s degree programs and placed 18th for master’s degrees in computer information technology and 22nd for master’s degrees for criminal justice.
- "2010 Course catalog : University Policies" (PDF). Campus.ctuonline.edu. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "College Navigator - Colorado Technical University-Online". Ed.gov. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- [dead link]
- "Centers of Academic Excellence Institutions". National Security Agency. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "CTU Alumni". Coloradotech.edu. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Best for Vets: Colleges 2013 Online and nontraditional". Military Times. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "2015 online and nontraditional colleges - Military Times". Militarytimes.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Colorado Technical University". Classesandcareers.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "CTU Online and Campus Degrees". Coloradotech.edu. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Carnegie Foundation Classifications". Carnegiefoundation.org. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Master's Degree Programs". Colorado Technical University.
- "Areas of Study | CTU". Coloradotech.edu. 2013-02-15. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "CTU rankings". Coloradotech.edu. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "CTU Bachelor's Program ranking U.S. News & World Report". Usnews.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "CTU Graduate Information Technology Program ranking U.S. News & World Report". Usnews.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "CTU Graduate Criminal Justice Program ranking U.S. News & World Report". Usnews.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.