ColourPop Cosmetics, also known as ColourPop, is a cosmetics brand based in Los Angeles, California. The company was founded in 2014 by siblings Laura and John Nelson. ColourPop products are available online through their website or at Ulta Beauty and Sephora stores.
Their brand is known for their affordable pricing (many of their products range in price from $5-$20) and collaborations based on current trends in social media. Fans can also be featured as models on their website by using the hashtag #colourpopme when posting on social media.
Sibling co-founders Laura and John Nelson started a parent company called Seed Beauty as an offshoot of their father's makeup company Spatz Laboratories, which produced makeup products for other brands. ColourPop Cosmetics is a brand owned by parent company Seed Beauty, which also owns Kylie Cosmetics and KKW Beauty. The company started as an e-commerce business, then expanded to selling wholesale to retail stores as well. The brand's first retail partnership was with Sephora in 2017. In 2018, ColourPop also partnered with Ulta Beauty.
On June 14th, 2018, Colourpop released their first foundation called the No Filter Foundation in 42 shades.
ColourPop is known for creating collaborative products with several Youtube and social media celebrities, including Karrueche Tran, MakeupShayla, Zoella, and Kathleen Lights. In 2016, they released a makeup collection called "Jenn Ne Sais Quoi" with Korean-American fashion vlogger Jenn Im. In 2018, they launched a Disney Designer collection, with inspiration from six Disney princesses.
In 2018, Youtuber James Charles filmed a video of him making make-up at one of their warehouses.
- Donahue, Rosemary. "ColourPop Is Reportedly Coming to Ulta Stores and Ulta.com This Month". Allure. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Abelman, Devon. "ColourPop Will Soon Be Available at Sephora (Update)". Allure. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Schiffer, Jessica. "The Secret Company Behind KKW Beauty and Kylie Cosmetics". InStyle. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
- Morrill, Hannah. "Exclusive First Look: My Little Pony x Colourpop Limited-Edition Collection". Elle. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Granero, Kristin. "This budget-friendly beauty brand is now at Sephora — and we're obsessed!". Today. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Donahue, Rosemary. "ColourPop Is Launching a No Filter Foundation in 42 Shades". Allure. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- Navarro, Andrea (2016-05-27). "Jenn Im's ColourPop Collection Is ALREADY Selling Out". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Disney Designer". ColourPop Cosmetics. Retrieved 8 November 2018.