|Coluber gracilis, maharashtra|
- See snake scales for terms used
Snout is obtuse; rostral nearly as deep as broad, just visible from above; suture between the internasals a little shorter than that between the prefrontals; frontal slightly longer than its distance from the end of the snout, nearly as long as the occipitals; loreal nearly as deep as long; one preocular, with a small subocular below 3 two postoculars ; temporals 2+2; 9 upper labials, fifth and sixth entering the eye; 4 or 5 lower labials in contact with the anterior chin-shields; posterior chin-shields as long as or longer than the anterior, separated anteriorly by two scales. Scales smooth, in 21 rows. Ventrals ungulate laterally, 213-228; anal divided; subcaudals 118-121. Yellowish above, with a series of large round brown spots edged with black, separated by narrow interspaces; these spots become more indistinct on the posterior part of the body; a black cross-band on the snout and three angular dark brown black-edged bands on the head, the anterior between the eye, the posterior extending on to the nape; lower parts yellowish, with an irregular series of black spots on each side. Total length 33 inches; tail 10.
- Srinivasulu C, Srinivasulu B, Mohapatra P, Vyas R, Thakur S (2013). "Coluber gracilis". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. 2013: e.T172692A1367883. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Platyceps gracilis at the Reptarium.cz Reptile Database. Accessed 14 March 2016.
- "Slender Racer - Coluber gracilis ". Indian Snakes Database. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Boulenger, GA (1890). The Fauna of British India, Including Ceylon and Burma. Reptilia and Batrachia. London: Secretary of State for India in Council. (Taylor and Francis, printers). xviii + 541 pp. (Zamenis gracilis, p. 327).
- Boulenger GA (1893). Catalogue of the Snakes in the British Museum (Natural History). Volume I., Containing the Families ... Colubridæ Aglyphæ, part. London: Trustees of the British Museum. (Taylor and Francis, printers). xiii + 448 pp. + Plates I-XXVIII. (Zamenis gracilis, p. 404).
- Günther A (1862) "On new Species of Snakes in the Collection of the British Museum". Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist., Third Series 9: 124-132. (Zamenis gracilis, new species, pp. 125–126).
- Schätti B, Wilson LD (1986). "Coluber Linnaeus. Holarctic racers". Catalogue of American Amphibians and Reptiles (399): 1-4.
- Smith MA (1943). The Fauna of British India, Ceylon and Burma, Including the Whole of the Indo-Chinese Sub-region. Reptilia and Amphibia. Vol. III.—Serpentes. London: Secretary of State for India. (Taylor and Francis, printers). xii + 583 pp. (Coluber gracilis, new combination, pp. 171–172).
- Image of Coluber gracilis on Flickr
|This Colubrids article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|