Columbia is an unincorporated community in Columbia Township, Fayette County, Indiana.
Columbia was laid out in 1832. It took its name from Columbia Township. A post office was established at Columbia in 1833, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903.
Columbia is located at 39°34′35″N 85°12′26″W / 39.57639°N 85.20722°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Columbia, Fayette County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- ^ Barrows, Frederic Irving (1917). History of Fayette County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Bowen, B. F. p. 218.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 100. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for the township in which it is located.
- ^ History of Fayette County, Indiana: Containing a History of the Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools, Churches, Industries, Etc. Warner, Beers and Company. 1885. p. 96.
- ^ "Fayette County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 4 September 2014.