Columbia College Hollywood
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
William Smith (President/CEO)Peter Hawley (Dean)
|Location||Tarzana district of Los Angeles, California|
Columbia College Hollywood is a private, nonprofit film school established in 1952 in Los Angeles. It grants a four-year baccalaureate degree and is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
The college's cinematic arts programs offer bachelor of fine arts and associate of fine arts degrees in film and television production covering screenwriting, producing, directing, cinematography, sound recording, editing, special effects and interactive media.
Columbia College Hollywood is located on an 85,000-square-foot campus that was the former worldwide headquarters of the Panavision company. The campus features multiple sound studios, theaters, and screening facilities as well as Avid and Final Cut editing suites. The College will be adding nearly 18,000 square feet to its campus. The addition will feature new indoor/outdoor screening facilities, state-of-the-art classrooms, personalized student viewing lounges, faculty offices, and a student cafe.
Notable alumni / students
CCH alumni have worked in all areas of the film industry, on hit television shows such as CSI, Lost, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Lie To Me and The Wire, on blockbuster films such as Avatar, Tron, Slumdog Millionaire, Twilight: Eclipse, Transformers 3 and Red, and on special effects animated films such as Mulan, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.
- Jaume Collet-Serra, Spanish film director of House of Wax, Orphan, Unknown, Non-Stop and Run All Night (film).
- Timothy Linh Bui, American film director and producer of Three Seasons, Green Dragon, Owl and the Sparrow, and Powder Blue.
- Robert Schwentke, German film director of Flightplan, Red, and R.I.P.D.
- Jay Jennings, American film director of Loanshark and Hell to Pay.
- Eagle Egilsson, Icelandic television director and cinematographer on the television series Dark Blue, CSI: Miami, and Nikita.
- Alexander Cartio, Iranian-Swedish film director of Convincing Clooney.
- Salim Akil, American director of "Jumping the Broom," "Sparkle."
- Brent Morin, American comedian-actor-writer, star of the NBC series "Undateable" (2014 - )
- Dominic Rausch, German television producer of Easy to Assemble, April Showers, and Baby Bootcamp.
- Jason Young: Taiwanese Actor/Singer/Songwriter/Model. His most recent television shows include Plerng Kristana The Series, Kam Lai Mas, Jao Ban Jao Ruen . His albums include "Jason youngster," "Young Jason," "CJL Friends Club," and "Be My Guest Album Most Wanted."
- Jerry Franck Steadicam operator who also produced the Academy Award nominated short documentary Chau, Beyond the Lines
- "Board of Trustees". Columbia College Hollywood. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Administration". Columbia College Hollywood. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Statement of Accreditation Status Columbia College Hollywood". WASC Senior College and University Commission. Retrieved 25 August 2014.