Columbia Public Schools
The Columbia Public School District is centered in Columbia, Missouri and serves much of Boone County. The district is for the special with Distinction by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. It serves 18,070 students as of 2011  making it the tenth-largest district in the state. The district supports four high schools, six middle schools, and twenty-one elementary schools. In addition, the district contains a career center, center for gifted education, and center for special education.
Middle schools (6–8)
High schools (9–12)
Recognition and awards
- Approximately one-third of Missouri's National Board Certified Teachers are employed in the Columbia School District
- The District is one of the 100 Best Communities in America for Music Education as chosen by the American Music Conference and Music Teachers National Association.
- The Districts use of technology has brought recognition from the National School Boards Association. Only four districts in the nation were chosen.
- The average Columbia teacher holds a master's degree, and has fifteen years of professional experience.
- 90% of graduates carry on their education beyond high school.