Columbia Township, Whitley County, Indiana
Intersection of U.S. 30 and State Highway 9 in Columbia Township
Location in Whitley County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.73 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.71 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.05%|
|Elevation||830 ft (253 m)|
|• Density||301/sq mi (116/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453242|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.73 square miles (95.1 km2), of which 36.71 square miles (95.1 km2) (or 99.95%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.05%) is water. The streams of Blue Babe Branch, Blue River and Stony Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Columbia City (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Thorncreek Township (north)
- Union Township (east)
- Jefferson Township (southeast)
- Washington Township (south)
- Cleveland Township (southwest)
- Richland Township (west)
The township contains five cemeteries: Bethel, Nolt, Oak Grove, Saint Peters and South Park.
- "Columbia Township, Whitley County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.