|Counties||Jefferson & Arapahoe|
|• Type||unincorporated community|
|• Total||6.753 sq mi (17.491 km2)|
|• Land||6.631 sq mi (17.173 km2)|
|• Water||0.123 sq mi (0.318 km2)|
|Elevation||5,545 ft (1,690 m)|
|• Density||3,700/sq mi (1,400/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|Area codes||303 & 720|
Columbine is census-designated place (CDP) in and governed by Jefferson and Arapahoe counties in Colorado, United States. The CDP is a part of the Denver metropolitan area. Located primarily in Jefferson County, Columbine lies immediately south of Denver. The population of the Columbine CDP was 25,229 at the 2020 census. The community lies in ZIP code 80123.
Columbine grew rapidly during the Space Race years from 1958 to 1968 with the construction of the Martin Company missile facility in Waterton Canyon. Its population exceeded 20,000 for the first time in 1980.
Columbine is located on the eastern edge of Jefferson County with a small portion extending east into Arapahoe County. Columbine is bordered to the east by Littleton and Columbine Valley, and to the west by Ken Caryl. The Denver city limits are 0.3 miles (0.48 km) north of the northern border of Columbine, and to the south the community extends as far as the Chatfield Reservoir dam.
The Columbine CDP has an area of 4,322 acres (17.491 km2), including 79 acres (0.318 km2) of water.
|Source: United States Census Bureau|
- Zoned elementary schools: Columbine Hills, Dutch Creek, Leawood, and Normandy
- Ken Caryl Middle School
- Columbine High School
- Bibliography of Colorado
- Geography of Colorado
- History of Colorado
- Index of Colorado-related articles
- List of Colorado-related lists
- Outline of Colorado
- "State of Colorado Census Designated Places - BAS20 - Data as of January 1, 2020". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
- "U.S. Board on Geographic Names: Domestic Names". United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
- United States Census Bureau. "Columbine CDP, Colorado". Retrieved April 10, 2023.
- "Zip Code 80123 Map and Profile". zipdatamaps.com. 2020. Retrieved December 20, 2020.
- "Look Up a ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
- "2020 CENSUS - SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP: Jefferson County, CO" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. p. 1 (PDF p. 2/3). Retrieved January 28, 2023. - Text list - 2010 map
- "Elementary Schools". Jeffco Public Schools. Retrieved March 28, 2020. Detail maps: Columbine Hills, Dutch Creek, Leawood, and Normandy
- "Middle Schools". Jeffco Public Schools. Retrieved March 28, 2020. - Detail map
- "High Schools". Jeffco Public Schools. Retrieved March 28, 2020. - Detail map
- "2020 CENSUS - SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP: Arapahoe County, CO" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. p. 1 (PDF p. 2/6). Retrieved January 28, 2023.