Columbus-Lowndes County Airport
|Columbus-Lowndes County Airport|
|Owner||City of Columbus & Lowndes County|
|Elevation AMSL||188 ft / 57 m|
Columbus-Lowndes County Airport (IATA: UBS, ICAO: KUBS, FAA LID: UBS) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Columbus, a city in Lowndes County, Mississippi, United States. It is owned by the City of Columbus and Lowndes County.
Facilities and aircraft
Columbus-Lowndes County Airport covers an area of 215 acres (87 ha) at an elevation of 188 feet (57 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,500 by 100 feet (1,372 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending January 18, 2012, the airport had 13,200 aircraft operations, an average of 36 per day: 96% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 24 aircraft based at this airport: 71% single-engine, 12.5% multi-engine, 12.5% ultralight, and 4% glider.
- FAA Airport Master Record for UBS ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (UBS – City: Columbus, Airport: Lowndes County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved September 30, 2014.
- Aerial image as of February 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for UBS, effective November 9, 2017
- Resources for this airport: