Columbus Communications is a cable television and Broadband speed Internet service provider. Operating as a regional media company, Columbus is currently financially based in Barbados and provides services in the Bahamas, Grenada, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Curaçao.
The company's operations in the Bahamas are branded as Cable Bahamas, while its operations in other countries are branded as Flow.
Columbus entered the Curaçao retail market in January 2010 through the acquisition of Curaçao Cable TV NV, a fledgling start up that held video and internet concessions, but had yet to reach the commercial stage.
By the fall of 2010, a new fully digital video head end was constructed; providing Flow customers access to more than 250 video and audio channels‚ by far the most comprehensive television service in Curaçao. In addition, Flow offers residential broadband internet packages ranging from an entry-level service of 5 Mbps up to 100 Mbps. In partnership with its sister company, Columbus Business Solutions, they also provide a range of corporate data services including data storage, disaster recovery, IP services, hosting and business continuity services.
The company as of March 2015 has been acquired by Cable & Wireless Communications, the parent company of another fellow telecommunications company in the Caribbean, named LIME. The cost of the acquisition was USD $1.85 Billion dollars.
Management & Executive Team
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Brendan Paddick
- President and COO, Paul W. Scott
- Chief Financial Officer, Maxwell Parsons, C.A.
- "Cable Television On Curacao - Curacao Connected - Internet, social media and tech related news". Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- P, N. "Columbus Communications - Flow Curacao". www.columbuscommunications.com. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "Cable & Wireless Communications | CWC/COLUMBUS MERGER FINALIZED". www.cwc.com. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- Columbus Communications
- Columbus Networks
- COLUMBUS COMMUNICATIONS EXPANDS OPERATIONS TO GRENADA - (14 April 2008)
- Columbus to run fibre-optic cable from Colombia to Jamaica - Jamaica Observer (25, May 2007)
- Flow gets nod on all-island(Jamaica) cable licence - Jamaica Observer (01, April 2007)
- Alcatel and Columbus Communications inaugurate FibraLink submarine network in Jamaica - Press Release (5 April 2006)
- Columbus sets sail in T&T - Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Newspaper (16 February 2006)
- Alcatel to deploy a new submarine optical cable network to serve Jamaica - Press Release (7 June 2005)
- New World Network Completes Sale to Columbus Communications - Press Release (12 September 2005)
- Columbus Communications acquires New World Network - (15 September 2005)
- John Risley And Michael Lee-Chin — The Cable Guys - Canadian Business Online (5 December 2005)
- Columbus Communications Flow target of piracy by HBO Latin America - ttgapers.com (11 May 2007)
|This Jamaica-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Trinidad and Tobago article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Caribbean-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|