Columbus East High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Columbus East High School|
230 South Marr Road
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation|
|Teaching staff||78.84 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||19.34|
|Athletics conference||Hoosier Hills Conference|
Columbus East High School (CEHS) is one of two high schools in Columbus, Indiana. East is a member of the Hoosier Hills Conference in athletics and has a total of 5 IHSAA state championships. It was founded in 1972 due to the growing educational demands of the community. As the population of the community rose, Columbus High School could not support all school age students. Columbus East was constructed and Columbus High School became Columbus North High School. The principal of Columbus East is Mark Newell.
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (girls & boys)
- Cross country (girls & boys)
- Football (boys)
- State champion - 1979, 2013, 2017
- Golf (girls & boys)
- Gymnastics (girls)
- State champion - 1990
- Soccer (girls & boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Swimming (girls & boys)
- Girls state champion - 1983
- Tennis (girls & boys)
- Track (girls & boys)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
- "Columbus East High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 8, 2019.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Columbus East High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "2015-2015 School Directory" (PDF). ihsaa.org. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "IHSAA State Championships by School". ihsaa.org. Archived from the original on 11 April 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Columbus East High School.|