Columbus Metropolitan Airport
|Columbus Metropolitan Airport|
|Owner||Columbus Airport Commission|
|Elevation AMSL||397 ft / 121 m|
Columbus Metropolitan Airport (IATA: CSG, ICAO: KCSG, FAA LID: CSG) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) northeast of the central business district of Columbus, a city in Muscogee County, Georgia, United States. It is owned by the Columbus Airport Commission. Serving Georgia's second largest city, it is Georgia's fourth busiest airport. It has a large percentage of general aviation traffic with one carrier (Delta Connection/ExpressJet) that provides commercial routes to the city.
As per FAA records, the airport had 51,288 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 48,526 enplanements in 2009, and 63,726 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 680 acres (275 ha) at an elevation of 397 feet (121 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 6/24 is 6,997 by 150 feet (2,133 x 46 m) and 13/31 is 3,997 by 150 feet (1,218 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2011, the airport had 23,658 aircraft operations, an average of 64 per day: 80% general aviation, 16% air taxi, 2% scheduled commercial, and 2% military. At that time there were 133 aircraft based at this airport: 79% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, 6% jet, and 1% helicopter.
Airlines and destinations
- On August 17, 1984, a Mooney M20, flying from Tennessee to Florida, stopped in Columbus to refuel and crashed shortly after takeoff. There were 4 fatalities.
- On July 19, 2009, at around 6:15 PM, a Rutan VariEze, containing 1 man, crashed shortly after take off. There was 1 fatality.
- "Columbus Airport (official website)". Columbus Airport Commission. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- FAA Airport Master Record for CSG – Columbus Metropolitan ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "CSG – Columbus Metropolitan". Georgia Department of Transportation. Archived from the original on October 28, 2012. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27. External link in
- "CSG crash info". Ledger-Enquirer.com. July 20, 2009.
- "Plane Crash at Columbus Airport". WTVM.com. July 19, 2009. Retrieved January 4, 2010.
- Columbus Metropolitan Airport, official website
- Aerial image as of February 1999 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective March 2, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CSG, effective March 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: