Columbus Regional Health
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Columbus Regional Health|
|Location||Columbus, Indiana, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Indiana|
Columbus Regional Health (CRH) is a regional hospital located in Columbus, Indiana. The hospital was founded as Bartholomew County Hospital in 1917 and later renamed to Columbus Regional Hospital in 1992. In the fall of 2011, the organization introduced Columbus Regional Health as the new name for the hospital and health system. Columbus Regional Health serves a 10-county region in southeastern Indiana. The hospital has 1,650 employees and over 225 physicians providing emergency and surgical services and comprehensive care in numerous specialty areas.
Columbus Regional Health has three facilities which include:
- Columbus Regional Health, Columbus, Indiana
- WellConnect, Columbus, Indiana
- Columbus ENT & Allergy, Columbus, Indiana
CRH medical specialties include:
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- Breast Health
- Robotic Surgery
June 7, 2008, CRH experienced a flood of historic magnitude, causing severe damage to the hospital. The flood prompted the evacuation of 157 patients, and forced the hospital to shut down, with damages totaling over $180 million. Due to the flood, certain areas had been destroyed such as the laboratory, pharmacy, information services, food services, and mechanical and electrical systems.
In 2012, the Federal Emergency Management Agency backed a project to protect CRH from any future flooding. 15 flood gates were installed around the campus in order to keep water out. Today, CRH is a fully functioning, 225-bed not-for-profit, providing emergency and surgical services and comprehensive care.
In 2014, Columbus Regional Health opened up a new walk-in clinic called WellConnect in the downtown area of Columbus, Indiana. In an effort to keep up with the times, CRH decided to create a new facility with a different approach on delivering health care services. The end result was derived from focus groups and surveys, to the benefit of those living in the downtown area.
WellConnect is a place where you can meet with wellness experts and healthcare professionals. They offer walk-in care for minor illnesses, wellness programs, massage therapy, and cooking demonstrations. It is open to the public, Monday through Friday.
Awards and recognition
- "Columbus Regional Health, http://www.crh.org.".
- Iorio, Tamara Stone (2005). Columbus, Indiana: In Vintage Postcards. Arcadia Publishing. p. 50. ISBN 9780738534497.
- "Official Disaster Press Release - Columbus Regional Hospital". wthr.com. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Columbus Regional Hospital Returns to Facility After Flooding". insideindianabusiness.com. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Columbus Regional Hospital Tests Floodgates". indianapublicmedia.com. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "New wellness concept coming to area". therepublic.com. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "Columbus Regional Health Introduces WellConnect". crh.org. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "VHA Inc. Announces Winners of 2014 Excellence Awards for Supply Chain Management". VHA Inc. April 28, 2014. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "2014 Best Places to Work in Indiana Companies Named; Rankings May 1". Indiana Chamber. February 19, 2014. Retrieved 2015-02-11.