Comandanti-class patrol vessel
Comandante Foscari in the Mediterranean Sea in 2010
|Builders:||Fincantieri, Riva Trigoso (La Spezia)|
|Preceded by:||Nibbio hydrofoils|
|Cost:||€ (EUR) 362 million for all 4 vessels, in 2000|
|Displacement:||1.520 t (1.496 long tons), full load|
|Beam:||12.2 m (40 ft)|
|Draught:||3.37 m (11.1 ft)|
|Speed:||25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph)|
|Range:||3,500 nautical miles (6,500 km; 4,000 mi) at 14 knots (26 km/h; 16 mph)|
|Sensors and |
|Electronic warfare |
|Elettronica Spa ESM/ECM SLQ-747 system|
|Aircraft carried:||1×SH-90A helicopter|
|Aviation facilities:||retractable hangar for SH-90A class helicopter|
|Notes:||2 x RHIB Stenmar|
The construction of these units used hull and superstructure built with stealth features. The NUMC (Comandanti class) and Nuove Unità di Pattugliamento d'Altura, NUPA (Sirio class) share logistics, interoperability, features of the combat system and integrated telecommunications systems.
These units operate in conjunction with NUMA of COMFORPAT, the Forces Command patrol for surveillance and Coastal Defence and have their operational base in Augusta. They serve as coastal patrol and traffic control, cargo and surveillance in immigration control.
Comandante Foscari is used for trials on new versions of Oto Melara 76/62 mm Strales/Davide gun:
- October 2004: new stealth shield for gun;
- November 2009: to La Spezia beginning “DAVIDE/DART” program trials, with boarding of the Oto Melara 76/62 mm Strales/Davide prototype.
|Marina Militare - Comandanti class|
|Comandante Cigala Fulgosi||P 490||6061||25 June 1999||7 October 2000||31 July 2001||31 January 2004||Virtutis Fortuna Comes|
|Comandante Borsini||P 491||6062||21 July 1999||17 February 2001||3 December 2001||31 January 2004||Vincit Amor Patria|
|Comandante Bettica||P 492||6063||1 March 2000||26 June 2001||4 April 2002||31 January 2004||Con ardire e con tenacia|
|Comandante Foscari||P 493||6064||1 September 2000||24 November 2000||2 August 2002||31 January 2004||idem animus eadem voluntas|
- "Corvette". Fincantieri.it. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Pattugliatori d'altura - Marina Militare". Marina.difesa.it. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Commandante Class Patrol Ships". Naval Technology. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Reference List (Navy)" (PDF). Pompegarbarino.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 November 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Comandanti class patrol boat.|