A comb over or combover is a hairstyle commonly worn by balding men in which the hair is grown long and combed over the bald area to minimize the appearance of baldness. Sometimes the part is lowered so that more hair can be used to cover the balding area.
- Iñaki Anasagasti – Basque nationalist
- René Lévesque - former Premier of Quebec
- Doug Anthony – former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia
- Rainer Barzel – former Christian Democratic Union of Germany chairman
- Abdelaziz Bouteflika – President of Algeria
- Julius Caesar – combed his hair on the side
- Bobby Charlton – English World Cup winner
- Constantine I – combed his hair forward
- Gene Keady – Purdue University basketball coach
- Tan Soo Khoon – former Speaker of the Parliament of Singapore – had a combover in the 1980s
- Alexander Lukashenko – President of Belarus
- Douglas MacArthur – American general
- John McCain – former U.S. Senator of Arizona and 2008 U.S. Presidential nominee
- Wang Qishan – Secretary of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Communist Party of China
- Heng Samrin – President of the National Assembly of Cambodia
- Robert Robinson – former game show host
- Donald Trump – President of the United States
On May 10, 1977, Donald J. Smith and his father, Frank J. Smith, of Orlando, Florida, were awarded a patent (U.S. Patent 4,022,227) for their variation of the comb over that conceals baldness by combing long hair in three separate directions.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2009-10-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)[dubious ]
- "الرئيس". El-mouradia.dz. Archived from the original on 2012-05-13. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Lewis, Rob. "Oxford Student – TT2005 Week 7 – Features - Charlton". Oxfordstudent.com. Archived from the original on 2005-11-18.
- Stephenson, Paul (2010). Constantine, Roman Emperor, Christian Victor. Penguin. ISBN 9781468303001.
- Doyel, Gregg (November 12, 2014). "Gene Keady spent how much on that combover". Indianapolis Star. Archived from the original on July 10, 2015.
- Ministry of Information and the Arts, Singapore Deputy speaker of parliament, Tan Soo Khoon, taking his oath of allegiance as Member of Parliament (Alexandra) at the opening of parliament Archived 2017-02-11 at the Wayback Machine National Archives of Singapore, 25 February 1985, retrieved 9 February 2017
- Former Cambodian King, Prince Norodom Sihanouk (L) is welcomed by Chairman of the State Council of Cambodia Heng Samrin (R) and President of the National Assembly Chea Sim (C) upon arrival at Pochentong International Airport on November 14, 1991 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Prince Sihanouk returns to Cambodia for the first time in almost 13 years. The Asahi Shimbun via Getty Images, 14 November 1991, retrieved 7 February 2017
- Dugdale, John (March 9, 2002). "Volume control". Books.guardian.co.uk. Archived from the original on October 16, 2007. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Ask the Family, BBC2, Monday". thecustard.tv. 2012-05-09. Archived from the original on 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Handy, Bruce (March 31, 2011). "Shocking Truth Behind Donald Trump's Hair Revealed?". Vanity Fair. Archived from the original on April 13, 2015. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- TIME staff (April 14, 2011). "The secret to Donald Trump's hair". TIME. Archived from the original on August 20, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Combover.|
- Walker, W. H. (2010). "Is the "Comb Over" Dying? A Mouse Model for Male Pattern Baldness (Androgenic Alopecia)". Endocrinology. 151 (5): 1981–3. doi:10.1210/en.2010-0217. PMID 20410210.