A comb over or combover is a hairstyle commonly worn by balding men in which the hair is grown long and combed over the bald area to minimize the appearance of baldness. Sometimes the parting is lowered so that more hair can be used to cover the balding area.
- Iñaki Anasagasti – Basque nationalist
- Vladimir Putin – current President of Russia
- René Lévesque – former Premier of Quebec
- Doug Anthony – former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia
- Rainer Barzel – former Christian Democratic Union of Germany chairman
- Jaime Guzmán Errázuriz – chilean senator
- Abdelaziz Bouteflika – President of Algeria
- Julius Caesar – combed his hair on the side
- Bobby Charlton – English World Cup winner
- Constantine I – combed his hair forward
- Valéry Giscard d'Estaing – President of France
- Rudy Giuliani – former New York City mayor
- Gene Keady – Purdue University basketball coach
- Tan Soo Khoon – former Speaker of the Parliament of Singapore – had a combover in the 1980s
- Alexander Lukashenko – President of Belarus
- Donald Trump – 45th President of the United States
- Douglas MacArthur – American general
- John McCain – former U.S. Senator of Arizona and 2008 U.S. presidential nominee
- Wang Qishan – Secretary of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Communist Party of China
- Heng Samrin – President of the National Assembly of Cambodia
- Robert Robinson – former game show host
- Carl Levin – American attorney
On 10 May 1977, Donald J. Smith and his father, Frank J. Smith, of Orlando, Florida, were awarded a patent (U.S. Patent 4,022,227) for their variation of the comb over that conceals baldness by combing long hair in three separate directions.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)[dubious ]
- "الرئيس". El-mouradia.dz. Archived from the original on 13 May 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Lewis, Rob. "Oxford Student – TT2005 Week 7 – Features – Charlton". Oxfordstudent.com. Archived from the original on 18 November 2005.
- Stephenson, Paul (2010). Constantine, Roman Emperor, Christian Victor. Penguin. ISBN 978-1-4683-0300-1.
- Depardon, Raymond (2005). Raymond Depardon: fotograaf en filmer. Episode Publishers. ISBN 978-9059730403.
- "Giuliani combs over new look". Chicago Tribune.
- Doyel, Gregg (12 November 2014). "Gene Keady spent how much on that combover". Indianapolis Star. Archived from the original on 10 July 2015.
- Ministry of Information and the Arts, Singapore Deputy speaker of parliament, Tan Soo Khoon, taking his oath of allegiance as Member of Parliament (Alexandra) at the opening of parliament Archived 11 February 2017 at the Wayback Machine National Archives of Singapore, 25 February 1985, retrieved 9 February 2017
- Former Cambodian King, Prince Norodom Sihanouk (L) is welcomed by Chairman of the State Council of Cambodia Heng Samrin (R) and President of the National Assembly Chea Sim (C) upon arrival at Pochentong International Airport on November 14, 1991 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Prince Sihanouk returns to Cambodia for the first time in almost 13 years. The Asahi Shimbun via Getty Images, 14 November 1991, retrieved 7 February 2017
- Dugdale, John (9 March 2002). "Volume control". Books.guardian.co.uk. Archived from the original on 16 October 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- "Ask the Family, BBC2, Monday". thecustard.tv. 9 May 2012. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Combover.|
- Walker, W. H. (2010). "Is the "Comb Over" Dying? A Mouse Model for Male Pattern Baldness (Androgenic Alopecia)". Endocrinology. 151 (5): 1981–3. doi:10.1210/en.2010-0217. PMID 20410210.